DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensor calibration

motard

Reactions
I have search but no answer to this, anyone done it? I can´t do, In the app says always to reboot the aircraft, the button to start calibration stays in grey. I'm on Pc Asus Rogue i7 6700hq, Geforce 4gb and 8 gb Ram , I tried in pc monitor and external monitor, tried in usb port 3.0 and 2.0, changed the monitor resolution, same message, reboot the aircraft. Any solution to this? Thank you.
b5f3c36655b6902464b406589b0ad57d.jpg

Last edited:
I calibrated my vision sensors yesterday (after updating to the latest firmware release) using my macbook pro without any issues. I tested/flew yesterday and today without any issues as well.

Have you seen this video:
Yes, and many others. I have the latest dji assist 2. All sensors clean, and that button who says calibrate to click, appears to me in grey, I can' t click it, and to reboot the aircraft, what I did, plenty of times.Here's the problem.

I'm having this problem too, this is getting really frustrating as I have spent 2 days on trying to update my Mavic, which stalls after a certain %, now this.

Reactions: Sjez and flightmike
Try disconnecting the external monitor.
I did a successful calibration with my laptop in the kitchen when I first got the Mavic, but now when I went to do it after the .500 update with the laptop hooked up to two external monitors, it never advanced to the calibration stage. I had work to do at that moment, but will try later with just the laptop.

Reactions: flightmike
Try disconnecting the external monitor.
I did a successful calibration with my laptop in the kitchen when I first got the Mavic, but now when I went to do it after the .500 update with the laptop hooked up to two external monitors, it never advanced to the calibration stage. I had work to do at that moment, but will try later with just the laptop.

I don't have an external monitor on my laptop

I don't have an external monitor on my laptop
I resolve the situation like this:
Ok, after severall weeks with this buggin me, look that I before can't even start calibration, many of you stops at 85%. This solved my problem, could not resolve yours, be with this in mind.
After many readings, youtube videos, nothing of these helping me,What I did:
-go to Device Manager and look for you drone(connected), for me appears like the pic I post above "DJI ?", ant says driver not installed.
-with shift pressed, reboot the pc/laptop, it goes to Recuperation-Troubleshoot-Advanced options-startup settings-restart then In Startup Settings press 7
-reboot
-Device Manager
-look the drone Dji ?
-mouse right button
-update driver software
-Browse for drivers, you should point to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2
-He find the drive and install
-Done

I resolve the situation like this:
Ok, after severall weeks with this buggin me, look that I before can't even start calibration, many of you stops at 85%. This solved my problem, could not resolve yours, be with this in mind.
After many readings, youtube videos, nothing of these helping me,What I did:
-go to Device Manager and look for you drone(connected), for me appears like the pic I post above "DJI ?", ant says driver not installed.
-with shift pressed, reboot the pc/laptop, it goes to Recuperation-Troubleshoot-Advanced options-startup settings-restart then In Startup Settings press 7
-reboot
-Device Manager
-look the drone Dji ?
-mouse right button
-update driver software
-Browse for drivers, you should point to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2
-He find the drive and install
-Done

Thanks a lot! I managed to calibrate my drone now.

The main reason why it wasn't working was that Windows 10 did not allow the proper installation of the Vision 3 certificate due to it not being able to authenticate the author signature on Device Manager.

For those looking for this kind of fix, simply go straight to the Settings - > Update & Security -> Recovery -> (Under Advanced Startup) Restart Now. The settings number 7 is the one that allows us to disable the authentication process, in order to bypass Windows 10 blocking the installation of the driver, thus allowing your MP to properly be recognized on your PC/Laptop.

I didn't have to go to update driver, the simple restart with settings 7 was enough to get me through the steps! (If not working, go check your device manager to make sure no exclamation marks remain)

Safe Flyings!

Great, if my "tutorial" help you in some kind. To find the right solution for this took me 1 month, neither Dji, foruns, facebook, nothing. Figure my self, catching one thing there another in other place. Oh well. :)

Reactions: Bunny Too
Looks like this will work for me, but not sure what settings. I'm using windows 7 not 10.
Not sure how to interpret for windows 7.

Thank you Motard and Yragorn. Nice fix! Just disabled the authentication process, and the Vision 3 certificate cleared.
Was then able to Calibrate the Sensors without issue; and following everyone else's suggest of disabling multiple monitors.
Was able to Calibrate front and down Sensors within minutes.

Thanks a bunch guys. Thanks for all the legwork for the fix. You guys rock. Updated to .0500 with no issues. Ready to fly when weather breaks.

Making Progress thanks to this thread, Motard / Yragorn thank you, I followed your directions for my Windows 8.1 machine and it worked perfect to resolve driver issue. But now my latest debaucle is it goes to a Calculation error after 71% and says something about Screen Size and prompts to enter screen size and recalibrate. I read in several places that 1600x900 is the ideal resolution and thats what I set it to.
Has an

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
Making Progress thanks to this thread, Motard / Yragorn thank you, I followed your directions for my Windows 8.1 machine and it worked perfect to resolve driver issue. But now my latest debaucle is it goes to a Calculation error after 71% and says something about Screen Size and prompts to enter screen size and recalibrate. I read in several places that 1600x900 is the ideal resolution and thats what I set it to.
Has an
Hi, thanks in advance. Try to alternate the bright of your screen(more bright) and disable other monitors, just use one. If that don´t fix, try to alternate resolutions. Mix things. :)

Your instructions worked on my pc running Windows 7 profession, thank you, I have struggled with this for weeks.ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: motard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121