DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shaky gimbal during normal flight

AyeYo

Reactions
Anyone else getting shaky (left/right roll shake) video while simply flying straight ahead? This developed randomly a couple days ago. It can happen any time, but mostly in simple forward flight in P mode. It's almost as if the craft is getting knocked around by the wind, but it happens during dead calm days.

Where are you flying (geo location?) You may need to buy UV filters. They seem to fix a lot of the issues related to this type of behavior. My first Mavic displayed this behavior and I initiated an RMA but my filters came in before they sent me the return label. I used the filters and the issue ceased. I sent the first Mavic back and ordered another, the second one I got didn't have any issues.

This is occurring with filters on and 1/60 shutter. This is not video jello, it's a physical shaking of the camera on the gimbal's rotational axis, as if the craft is getting rocked side-to-side in the wind and the gimbal is doing nothing to compensate - but yet there's no wind.

This is occurring with filters on and 1/60 shutter. This is not video jello, it's a physical shaking of the camera on the gimbal's rotational axis, as if the craft is getting rocked side-to-side in the wind and the gimbal is doing nothing to compensate - but yet there's no wind.

Yeah, I understand what you're experiencing. I sent my Mavic back because of it but the filter set seemed to quiet it, but by that point I was like I'm not keeping a defective product.

Reactions: AyeYo
Has your replacement been issue free or did you not receive it yet? Did you do any IMU calibration before sending it back? I figured I'd try that first before an RMA, since there seems to be reports of declining stability over time, fixed by a fresh IMU calibration. I definitely feel the stability on mine has declined since new.

Has your replacement been issue free or did you not receive it yet? Did you do any IMU calibration before sending it back? I figured I'd try that first before an RMA, since there seems to be reports of declining stability over time, fixed by a fresh IMU calibration. I definitely feel the stability on mine has declined since new.
I have sent back for RMA twice so far and my 3rd MP has some shaky video glitches from time to time. May be jello. I tested with filters and seemed to be much better. Need to run through a full round of testing though... Not a fan of the RMA system...

Reactions: AyeYo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e