DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shapeways Sony Action camera mount

Johnnyaibo

Reactions
f50ee94d0f6b9d1215ce1548efc52388.jpg
cf8d5efa24ab840d85ecc379e453dabd.jpg

Looks good though the position is surprisingly forward. With the drone tilt when moving forward, it must be really be changing the center of gravity

At least there will be good video coverage!;)

I'd be concerned about interference with the Mavic's GPS, it's right under the Sony.:p Cool mount nonetheless.

At least there will be good video coverage!;)

I'd be concerned about interference with the Mavic's GPS, it's right under the Sony.:p Cool mount nonetheless.
The GPS is in the back though, not the front. The front has almost nothing there.

I'm going to guess this is for a better option of video or pictures ? Will this not overload the motors and create a constant imbalance of the motors running ? Always trying to compensate for balance during flight ? Not to mention that is a double slam of $ if you have a failure during flight and crash o_O

When you fly that sucker, please upload a dat file of the flight. I want to analyze the motor outputs.

Johnny what kind of mount are you using for the tablet, I am interested in something similar to that so I dont have to have my mount stretched out all the way.

Huh, when I put my GPS tracker on the front it creates a Compass interference
I have my GPS tracker in the front to. No compass change. Besides older Mavics had an issue where high current in the rear motors resulted in compass failures.

Highly doubt that a small weight inbalance like that would cause a crash after seeing videos of people flying around towing bags full of hamburgers etc with no issues

Highly doubt that a small weight inbalance like that would cause a crash after seeing videos of people flying around towing bags full of hamburgers etc with no issues

Well towing it and carrying up top is different. The center of mass is what makes the difference. If you dangle a full bag on the bottom of the drone, it's COM is lower but still relatively centered. Plop a camera on top not it's lifted and to the front. The drone has to compensate differently to handle it. It's sort of like the difference of having to push an object versus having to pull it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada