DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shield

Flyguy222

Reactions
My Nvidia K1 tablet arrived today. I'm hoping to take all the advice I've been looking at to keep App crashes to a minimum. Is it still advisable to keep the update at 5.0 on the Shield?

Awesome, thank you guys! I wanted to be sure before updating and then trying the downgrade process of firmware lol.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Awesome, thank you guys! I wanted to be sure before updating and then trying the downgrade process of firmware lol.
Yes it is working great now, did you pick up a pack of matte screen protectors? They are like six or seven dollars on amazon and help significantly in the sun.

Reactions: Flyguy222
I haven't. But I'll have to get a pack. The operating system is fast enough to process relatively smoothly? So you use the app to edit video footage?

Reactions: Rpeeps
I haven't. But I'll have to get a pack. The operating system is fast enough to process relatively smoothly? So you use the app to edit video footage?
Oh yes, it is fast. Very fast; I bought "power director" for around five dollars and it works well on android.

Wow. Thank you! You've been very helpful. I'm still fairly new to the flying community so I'm trying to get the best insight haha

Okay, i tried to fly the mavic for the first time yesterday with the shield, but the app says "disconnected" and no camera feed. Suggestions?

Okay, i tried to fly the mavic for the first time yesterday with the shield, but the app says "disconnected" and no camera feed. Suggestions?

I had issues with the first cable I used, once I replaced it I've not had disconnects.

Also make sure the small cable on the side is disconnected as this will prevent the bottom port from connecting to the shield.

Make sure you only have one cable plugged into the controller, either the side or bottom, I turn on the controller first, app second and Mavic third. I also turn of wifi and bluetooth and use a program called greenify to hibernate any other app that may be running. Keep my posted on your situation and we will get you up and running.

Yea, the side port was disconnected, so I'm using the bottom USB. I won't have a chance to try flying again until the weekend, but I'll keep you posted!

Yea, the side port was disconnected, so I'm using the bottom USB. I won't have a chance to try flying again until the weekend, but I'll keep you posted!

You can try it indoors...just don't start the props. Everyone crashes indoors, don't be tempted :0

You can try it indoors...just don't start the props. Everyone crashes indoors, don't be tempted :0
You can remove the props, I do when indoors "just in case"

So like, try it via Wi-Fi? Okay guys, I'll buy another cord, but also try Wi-Fi too. Thanks for all your suggestions!

You need usb debugging mode set to on, On my K1 sheild it always asks me to select which app I want to use when connecting, keep it set just once only and your good to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60