DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shipping Update 10-21-2016

not sure by what you mean by being hush hush?
I emailed them about status of our orders and they said they had no clear indication from DJI, but where expecting Australia to be part of the next shipping load and that they hoped to have more info by friday. As for taking pre-orders without knowing when the ship date would be, wasnt everyone doing that? including DJI?
Nothing. I'm just salty with the wait. I hope by the time it starts shipping to Australia all the first batch bugs are ironed out.

I also ordered through Koozam. They said they were told by DJI to list expected date of Nov 15th.
Im patient but not incredibly patient. I want to know when mine is coming. If the Mavic is at the Apple Store before I even know when mine is coming I'm going to buy it at Apple and cancel Koozam.

I haven't seen any bugs! So maybe you're wrong!

I can't believe how much better the collision avoidance is.... it's just better and more practical.

Also, The gesture thing is really cool. I thought it was a gimmick but it really works like a champ! First time it took pics of me!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I haven't seen any bugs! So maybe you're wrong!

I can't believe how much better the collision avoidance is.... it's just better and more practical.

Also, The gesture thing is really cool. I thought it was a gimmick but it really works like a champ! First time it took pics of me!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
67573526.jpg

Reactions: Zeroescence
They announced yesterday, that the Combo 'is now shipping'
That was 24 hours ago.
Has anyone that ordered the FlyMore Combo, received any kind of status change, or shipping notices?

(Note!!)
I posted this exact same question on the DJI Forum this morning. Within an hour it was removed, by, I assume, the forum moderator.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirsten.rossouw
Best of luck, DJI!
Frankly, I could've waited to order, but didn't. Knew it would probably be really hard to pin down a delivery date, and "my" Mavic is probably still being mined from the earth somewhere, or if I'm lucky, is already becoming various shipments of computer chips and silicon salsa at someone's factory.

Honestly, I'll be glad just to have one before Thanksgiving. (Yes, quadcopters = turkey, now. They're delicious.)

Silliness aside, too much waiting makes us crazy. And whatever's going on at DJI's end of things, they ahve our ~$1k each, so they pretty much have to deliver eventually, and I'm pretty sure they will. (Yes, this is me talking myself down too,.)

Until that magical, Mavic-al day, I can keep playing with my little Syma X5C when it's not too cold out to fly. And that's a nice thing about quadcopters- they can take the mind off things and help time pass a little faster. At least with toy quads.

Basically, those of us who can definitely afford to, let's sit tight and maybe remember what happens to early adopters the next time DJI tempts us with new flying gadgets. (Hint: Bring a book, or a quadcopter or something. There will be waiting.)

[End of rambling post with unsolicited opinions]

Reactions: Snaver
Guess I should change my screen name to Maviclessman_504 for now.This has worn my patience and I have two additional quads to fly in the meantime.Couldn't imagine what a droneless person is going thru.This is my last drone purchase for sometime now which makes me more anxious to get it.

Until that magical, Mavic-al day, I can keep playing with my little Syma X5C when it's not too cold out to fly. And that's a nice thing about quadcopters- they can take the mind off things and help time pass a little faster. At least with toy quads.

[End of rambling post with unsolicited opinions]

Completing the sale of my P3 this weekend but I have to say, I don't have much of any desire to break out the Syma X5C. Never could get any range out of that thing. Even after I did the mod on the remote. I tried to give it to my brother and he just snubbed his nose at it.. LOL

Yeah, it'll be a heck of an upgrade for me.
Both quads I've owned to date have been Symas, and even the Mavic's ATTI mode offers more convenience than either of them. As a gift, the X5C was the right price. Got me hooked enough on quadcopters to start using it to practice for something fancier, so it'll always have that going for it. (Plus, almost nobody freaks out when they have a Syma crash.) ;)

(P.S.: If you know someone who freaks out when they crash a Syma, my condolences to both of you. That thing is made for making newbie mistakes.)

[Waits for Mavoc shipping... skips the Syma across a pond, flies it off for the half a block of range it gets]

Okay being lazy.... ANY Combos delivered anywhere on the planet?? Obviously in UK we've had our batch of 4 units for this year....

Reactions: Alan M
Okay being lazy.... ANY Combos delivered anywhere on the planet?? Obviously in UK we've had our batch of 4 units for this year....
Mine will be here Monday. (Saturday if I can somehow convince FedEx to let me pick it up from wherever they'll store it over the weekend, unless it somehow comes 'a day early' like many of the single-unit deliveries were)

Mine will be here Monday. (Saturday if I can somehow convince FedEx to let me pick it up from wherever they'll store it over the weekend, unless it somehow comes 'a day early' like many of the single-unit deliveries were)
And when did you order?

I ordered the Combo 2016/09/27 at 21:11 UTC.
Got my shipping notice this morning at 3:00 am.
Shipped via DHL to me here in Canada. No delivery date as yet.

I ordered the Combo 2016/09/27 at 21:11 UTC.
Got my shipping notice this morning at 3:00 am.
Shipped via DHL to me here in Canada. No delivery date as yet.
I ordered the Combo 5 or 6 hours after you but have not heard anything yet.....

They announced yesterday, that the Combo 'is now shipping'
That was 24 hours ago.
Has anyone that ordered the FlyMore Combo, received any kind of status change, or shipping notices?

(Note!!)
I posted this exact same question on the DJI Forum this morning. Within an hour it was removed, by, I assume, the forum moderator.

Mine was ordered 30sep still nothing.. the message has the sorry delay blah blah ... mid oct.. and nothing yet.. Also hard to get in touch with DJI chat as they always have a looooong waiting list.. Guess I will wait..

Mine was ordered 30sep still nothing.. the message has the sorry delay blah blah ... mid oct.. and nothing yet.. Also hard to get in touch with DJI chat as they always have a looooong waiting list.. Guess I will wait..

It's on its way!!
Got my shipping notice this morn.
I ordered FMC 2016/09/27 21:11 UTC

Reactions: Derf
It's on its way!!
Got my shipping notice this morn.
I ordered FMC 2016/09/27 21:11 UTC

Congrats .. Pls let us know if you incur any taxes etc.. DHL are notorious to add charges (from experience I had with them when I ordered stuff direct from china..)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair