Shipping Update 10-21-2016

I'd like to add to the spreadsheet with:

Ordered from DJI site
Date: 2016-10-23 02:31:29 (UTC)
Payment Status: Pay Confirmed
Payment Method: PayPal Express Checkout
Shipping Status: Pending
Order # 001207763737
Order type: "Fly less" (Mavic w/ controller)

I'm all for having some good data.

Will let you know.
The #1 reason I ordered directly from DJI, is their claim that all taxes, and fees were prepaid by DJI.

I ordered the Combo 2016/09/27 at 21:11 UTC.
Got my shipping notice this morning at 3:00 am.
Shipped via DHL to me here in Canada. No delivery date as yet.

I'm in Canada as well and also ordered the Fly More bundle. But I also ordered the goofy 1 year insurance on the drone (not sure if that slows things down).

I thought I'd do like others on this forum and contact DJI On-Line Sales via chat to see if I could get a possible ship date.

Well, I was told that DJI had shipped out all the early morning UTC (27 September) orders and was hoping to get to the mid and late day orders next week.

Not sure that is exactly 100% correct as my order was on the 27 September with a UTC of 20:38 (shortly before yours). The person on the chat considered that a late day order. Hopefully more orders are being shipped out soon.

I'm in Canada as well and also ordered the Fly More bundle. But I also ordered the goofy 1 year insurance on the drone (not sure if that slows things down).

I thought I'd do like others on this forum and contact DJI On-Line Sales via chat to see if I could get a possible ship date.

Well, I was told that DJI had shipped out all the early morning UTC (27 September) orders and was hoping to get to the mid and late day orders next week.

Not sure that is exactly 100% correct as my order was on the 27 September with a UTC of 20:38 (shortly before yours). The person on the chat considered that a late day order. Hopefully more orders are being shipped out soon.
Yeah. Not really sure what happened to First Come First Served!!!
I haven't heard or read anywhere, that getting the insurance made any difference in the shipping delay.
As far as the chat goes, don't take anything they say with a grain of salt.
I chatted, yesterday as well as emailed DJI. Both obviously reading off the same script as you got.

So I was actually quite surprised to get the shipping notice, early this morn. (Pleasantly I must admit)
Hang in there. It'll come eventually......

I hope for DJI's sake that the email quoted in this article is fake... http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-misleading-customers-about-delays-for-its-newest-1788251112 ...because that's concerning.

Well this would explain the comments that have been going around the internet which suggested that DJI was shipping out orders via first come first served by country. This means that if DJI shipped out 100 units, they divided the 100 units up by those who ordered early in each country. So if the first 100 orders were made by people who lived in the US, only a handful would get a shipment as the rest went to people in other countries who ordered early. This gives the impression that orders are being shipped to many people around the globe.

The fact that DJI has not yet ramped up full productions means shortages well past Christmas.

Will let you know.
The #1 reason I ordered directly from DJI, is their claim that all taxes, and fees were prepaid by DJI.

I was wondering why I didn't get dinged with duties and handling! I think i saved closer to $200!

Yeah. Not really sure what happened to First Come First Served!!!
I haven't heard or read anywhere, that getting the insurance made any difference in the shipping delay.

So I was actually quite surprised to get the shipping notice, early this morn. (Pleasantly I must admit)
Hang in there. It'll come eventually......

Guess what.... 3AM, I received a shipping notice! WooHoo. Will be here in Canada on Monday via DHL. Let me know if DHL attempted to charge you any extra costs.

Guess what.... 3AM, I received a shipping notice! WooHoo. Will be here in Canada on Monday via DHL. Let me know if DHL attempted to charge you any extra costs.

Don't be sitting by the door on Monday. Doubt very much we'll get them before mid next week.
I guess it depends where you are in Canada.

I'm in Medicine Hat, AB.
The reason for my pessimism is, according to my DHL tracking #, my Mavic spent the whole day just getting from one facility to another in
Shenzhen, China. Hasn't even left the city.

My tracking# doesn't show an expected delivery date. Yours does?
Is your Mavic shipped via DHL as well? Eh?

Don't be sitting by the door on Monday. Doubt very much we'll get them before mid next week.
I guess it depends where you are in Canada.

I'm in Medicine Hat, AB.
The reason for my pessimism is, according to my DHL tracking #, my Mavic spent the whole day just getting from one facility to another in
Shenzhen, China. Hasn't even left the city.

My tracking# doesn't show an expected delivery date. Yours does?
Is your Mavic shipped via DHL as well? Eh?

I'm in Ottawa which may account for the reason I received a delivery date.

I just checked the DHL tracking. It moved from Shenzhen to Hong Kong as of noon today. DHL tracking shows expected delivery by end day 31 Oct 16.

Also DHL texted me saying delivery requires signature (DJI must have given them my cell number). since the txt didn't mention COD for duty I'm guessing all is good. Txt says they'll txt again prior to delivery.

I'm in Ottawa which may account for the reason I received a delivery date.

I just checked the DHL tracking. It moved from Shenzhen to Hong Kong as of noon today. DHL tracking shows expected delivery by end day 31 Oct 16.

Also DHL texted me saying delivery requires signature (DJI must have given them my cell number). since the txt didn't mention COD for duty I'm guessing all is good. Txt says they'll txt again prior to delivery.

Our Mavics must be travelling together. I see mine is in Hong Kong now as well.
Still doesn't say anywhere on the tracking page, when my expected delivery date will be.
But no doubt, since the whole country revolves around Ottawa, you'll get yours, days before us lowly Albertans!!! ;-)

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
I cancelled my order with DJI and went through the official DJI dealer in Ireland hoping that the dealer will get it first. I grabbed their last allocation so I hope I get it through them quicker! Praying for it to be true!!

Fly safe and within the law. Protect our hobby... [emoji482]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo