DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shooting Down Drones

BlakPhoenix

Reactions
Post by CASA on Facebook saying how in Australia it is indeed illegal to shoot down any drone.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - CASA

It is rather scary how many people in the comment section say they would attempt to shoot it irrespective though. Funny how the public thinks we're the ones that are a worry!

Do australians even have guns?
The police over there dont even have guns do they. They wear stab-proof vests too lol

The police over there dont even have guns do they. They wear stab-proof vests too lol

Our police certainly do have guns. A 9mm I think. You can obtain a gun license in Australia, but we are far stricter on what types of guns you can own, and how you can use them. Numerous farmers have guns for keeping pests under control, etc.

You might be thinking England Kate.... Police here are armed, but it's a huge thing if they actually use it.

I googled your gun laws.
Very similar until you had one gun shooting and you, quite rightly, ban guns.

Over here it isn't a newsweek without one, and theyre not going anywhere for another 4 years at least *sigh*

England seems to have never had anything but beagles and hunting shotguns.

Reactions: Slackhawk
Our police certainly do have guns. A 9mm I think. You can obtain a gun license in Australia, but we are far stricter on what types of guns you can own, and how you can use them. Numerous farmers have guns for keeping pests under control, etc.

Sorry to derail your thread blak, but this interersts me a lot. I've a relative in Chicago which you may or may not know
has gone to heck because of handguns.
Do you think the police could get by without them down there, Are there many exchanges of gunfire between criminals or is it mostly precationary?

Sorry to derail your thread blak, but this interersts me a lot. I've a relative in Chicago which you may or may not know has gone to heck because of handguns.
Do you think the police could get by without them down there, Are there many exchanges of gunfire between criminals or is it mostly precationary?

There aren't many shootouts here. I'm not sure if that's because of the police or because less people have guns to shoot back. AFIAK our police are taught that you only draw your gun if you, or another person are immediately in danger and you cannot resolve the issue using a lower amount of force. If a police draws their gun, they rare not using it to dissuade someone. They draw to shoot.

Our police are also armed with batons, pepper spray, and many with tasers (although that requires additional training I believe). They are meant to use the least level of force required to solve the situation at hand.

From that perspective, I am glad that the police have guns. So long as they continue to be trained to a high level and only use them as a very last resort I see there being no problems with their access.

Im sure for the vast majority of situations they could get away without having them. However I would worry that without them, people would feel that they would be less capable of handling situations and that criminals would try to take advantage of it and get the 1up on them.

Glad there are no shootouts and it's a protective measure/backup tool over there.
Cops in DC attach their guns to their flashlights, if you know what i mean.

Back on topic, the best way to kill pidgeons is to smack them against your leg?

Anything will do.

do these guys actually hunt pidgeons, or are they working for a actual cull?
If your going to kill them, at least do it with some skill so they dont suffer

Pidgeons are godarned Great war veterans, or offspring of.

Theyre also form of dove. Noah would still be floating in his ark lost at sea, and we wouldn't exist
if not for them.
stupid rednecks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User