DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I send back? (list of possible problems)

WheelzWorld

Reactions
I tried to find a full list of possible problems that the mavic can have out of the box.
Is there any thread that lists them all? (a full checklist could be a good idea)

I think I may have the watercolor painting issue some times and quality seems pretty poor.
DJI_0134 RAW cropped.jpg

I also think there is much noise added...
DJI_0184 RAW cropped.jpg
(Pictures are RAW cropped 100%)

Here is a piece of video
The video is without any post-prod & shot in 2.7k 30fps, ISO 100 (or 200), 60ss, style 0,0,0, color D-Cinelike, white balance "cloudy"

Also the gimbal freaked out 2 times while in the air going in every directions and finally getting stuck in diagonal looking frontward. It happened for no apparent reason at the moment and I had to restart the mavic to get it working...

Last weird thing that happened one time is that the half of the screen was totally distorted. I thought it was the app but it actually recorded it.

Unfortunately can't find the files of the two last problems... They disapeared from my sd card! (ex. DJI_0140 jumping to DJI_0143....)

Could you please help me confirm if there is a problem that need fixing?

What should I check else to be sure my mavic doesn't have problems?

Last edited:
Contact dji Support spoke with them today. I had blurry image in top left and right corner. Not as bad as some other i have seen but more than enough so i could not stop thinking about it. They helped med over chat and after few test they want me to send in for closer look. . I only have good things to say about dji's support. Hope you find the solution.

Reactions: WheelzWorld
Thanks, actually I try to contact them but the submission form on their website keep failing...

They told me to reset the camera settings. It is even worst now haha...

I'm refreshing the firmware for them but it is clear now... there is clearly the painting issue... [emoji26] must be an older unit comming from the same batch as others with same problem...

Hope it will not take too long to have it back...[emoji102]

They told me to reset the camera settings. It is even worst now haha...

I'm refreshing the firmware for them but it is clear now... there is clearly the painting issue... [emoji26] must be an older unit comming from the same batch as others with same problem...

Hope it will not take too long to have it back...[emoji102]
You can count on waiting 4-6 weeks for it.

I would been told 21 working Days but i Will wait cause from what you see online it really is Worth waiting for a mavic without All the faults. [emoji4]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots