DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should i take my mavic to Oahu for my sons wedding

Davidr

Reactions
He's getting married at Kawela bay. Also we will be staying in Waikiki. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also any problems bringing the mavic in through customs.
I have already registered it with the FAA.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Top Hat
What country are you coming from. If you are coming from another State you don't need to go through Customs.

I just got back from the Big Island and Kaua'i. No issues what so ever, no questions asked nothing. Since my mavic was in a pelican case I sent it through the X-ray machine standalone, not inside my backpack or anything. I also discharged all batteries to 30%, taped the terminals and placed extra batteries in ziploc bags. No one asked to see anything. That being said, I have TSA pre-check so I'm sure that helped play a role. Just make sure you're following the proper precautions when flying with a drone and TSA won't have any issues

If you DON'T take your Mavic, you'll be kicking yourself because Hawaii is crammed with amazing flying and photo opportunities. Last year I spent a week on the north shore right next to Kawela Bay and got some great footage. Head up the road to Waimea Bay for some more visually interesting scenery. We are heading to Kauai in June and I'll be definitely taking the Mavic.

As for customs, it should not be an issue at all.

Have a great trip.

I fly all over the US with my Mavic and 3 batteries in a Nanuk 920. Have not been questioned once. The google map of 5 mile airport radii is your friend!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha