DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

How did you make the labels? Those look pretty sweet.
My wife has a "Cricut" which cuts out patterns using different templates so I just picked the font type and size and used an adhesive backed vinyl.

cricut-explore-air-2-with-1-year-subscription-d-20161209165348333~503750.jpg

Reactions: rawkitt and cobra46
I think you posted to the wrong Forum. Are those new accessories from DJI? ;)

it seals the pluck and play foam serrations so it appears to be a single piece of foam again. It remains pliable but protects the edges from getting torn up over time. It really works great. i have done multiple rifle cases this way. Here is a picture of one case before and another after for reference.

View attachment 4077

View attachment 4078

I wanted a nice basic case..... and I really didn't want to spend a Ben Franklin (or more) to get one.

I originally Pre-ordered a Hard case from Banggood.... but they sent me a backpack case.
I then ordered a MC Cases "Compact" case..... It was a nice case, But I didn't like how it held the battery charger (upright so when closed the lid it placed pressure on the cord)....

So looking around Amazon..... I found a HUL case and it was CHEAP !!!

HUL Aluminum Carrying Case for DJI Mavic Pro $35
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6HAM85/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(as I write this, there are 10 available.... and I suspect that they will be gone quick once you folks see this post... and see what the inside of the case looks like)

IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0387.JPG IMG_0388.JPG
(I have to get Mr Angry Hornets "buzz flyer" eyes on better)

The one thing I see that could use improvement is the foam on the lid.... as you can see, the batteries fit tight.... But everywhere else it needs to be a little thicker.... This may prove to be a good thing, as with some modification and velcro I may be able to somehow get more storage in the lid.

HUL had a waterproof case for $45, But it looks like it is sold out (and I didn't think I needed a waterproof case)

https://www.amazon.com/HUL-Military...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VMK5KYWBV66NRZ6M9NB2

I just got this one in from Amazon. This particular one comes from about 5 different companies from $20.00-$85.00 on there. DO NOT BUY IT unless you plan on buying more padding and velcro to secure the device. I got this as an easy solution for hiking but this is not the one.

The strap it comes with is so lose that everything flops around when closed. The "Hard shell" case is thin cardboard and is far from a hard shell.

Probably going to try thr MC Case backpack next. Just though I would pass it along

Sent from my SM-T710 using MavicPilots mobile app

I saw that one and noticed that everybody is selling it under different names. I was turned off by the fact that the Hub could not fit and it seemed to just barely have space for the basics.
Thanks up for the Cardboard info. That is not something that you can find out by looking at pictures.

Here's mine in the bag, no room for the charger but it'll fit an extra battery or two. Have a chunk of soft foam on the interior bottom. Bonus pic included for your viewing pleasure.

Do you have a link for the bag? I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Don't have a picture, but I bought mine from monoprice.com

They have really good pricing and always have 10-20% of their entire site. Picked up mine for $35 - 15%. Drone arrives on Friday, so if I feel I will need a bigger case I'll get one of their bigger ones.. But like many have said, looking for something easily portable.

Weatherproof Hard Case with Customizable Foam, 13" x 12" x 6" - Monoprice.com

Reactions: treytexag
I use TIMBUK2 messenger bags for everything. They come in various sizes and guaranteed for life. Oh, made in the USA.

I was wondering if/when a Timbuktu'd Mavic was going to show up! I love their bags. I wanted a Lowepro slingshot edge 150 type bag from them and the slings I saw aren't available *now* so.....
But I would like a Timbuktu for my Mavic.
Their craftsmanship and quality are first class.

Reactions: jgullam
Got a Lowepro Sling 150, everything from the Fly More fits, including both chargers. Plus filters, SD card wallet, neck strap W/FCC badge (keeps the locals quiet) another battery total of 4, sunshade, and still some room for odds and ends. Also has a zippered tablet pocket and a tripod holder, also a rain cover in its own pocket.
View attachment 2432
FCC badge???? From your registration or 107?

I really like the Nanuck 920.... It has allot of room, But it is one of the larger cases for the Mavic along with it's $130 price tag
The GPC is a nice case all the way around...... and has a price tag of $120 (and I think it is the best in it's class of a more compact case)

It really depends on how big of a case you want........ I guess if I were going to spend $100+ I would just go all the way with the Nanuck 920 (it holds everything)

$100 here, $50 there, another $100, and $$, more$$, At some point you have to draw the line with how much you are going to spend on accessories..... I am really happy with my under $50 mavic hard shell case.

Has anyone looked at the Nanuk 920 for the Mavic?
I am torn between this case and the one from GPC.
Help me decide!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3