DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

as i can pack 2 batteries plus the P9 lite plus the bttery charger in the fly more bag, along with the M and the RC, I'm fine. The car charger is in the car with the charhing hub, if needed

I don't use any case! I use the mavic for portability so I throw it in whatever I'm using that day.

My 2nd case should I want to bring more gear on my travels.

Repurposed my Pelican 1510 (meets carry-on requirements) that used to store Phantom I. I ripped out the old foam and replaced with TrekPak inserts.
1b8f6d664c12105b92135e401206bdd0.jpg

8fce71bde2034c458b77fb2c88469b50.jpg

a88120da2cfc8346838ca4cb09ecac16.jpg

Reactions: Anthony
Finally found a backpack for short hikes that fits my needs; A LowePro FastPack BP150 AW II. I wanted something that would/could grow abit beyond my current needs. What I mean is that I've seen some nice backpacks but they are completely tailored to the basics, meaning batteries, remote, and the Mavic Pro itself.

I wanted something that would fit;
  • My Ipad Air or my Ipad Mini safely and securely
  • Hoodman Sunshade for either Ipad
  • MavMount or device holder I'm currently using
  • DJI Goggles when they become available
  • Cables and chargers
  • Spares
  • Kestrel Anemometer
  • Water bottle
I thought about just buying some type of "padded" inserts that would fit in one of my existing backpacks but didn't find something I like or offer the protection I wanted. I don't like the idea of the remote or any of the components rubbing up against each other or being under some weight or pressure. I don't necessarily plan to put EVERYTHING in it. But I like knowing if I have to take it all on say some trip, Its all in one place.

Lower Storage area, plenty of room for several batteries, the remote, charger, and Mavic. You can see the Ipad Air peeking out from its storage compartment. Could actually fit a something like a 13" Macbook Air

Upper Storage areas. Lots of room for the device holder, Kesteral, and other items. I believe the MavMount won't take as much space as the current device holder. It'll allow room for the VR goggles later...

Can you post a couple more pics of your bags showing the top storage. I currently have the Slingshot 200AW but would have to leave chargers out to get DSLR camera to fit.

This bag may do it. Does it have storage for memory cards or smaller zip compartments?

Thanks
Mike

I have the rukiwa listed above and it's a good case. The difference between the cases that are in the 30s to $40 range and the higher above ones are obviously strength of plastic but also the foam. The foam is much higher quality in the higher price cases. But This will work very well, it's the real deal.

Last edited:
20170404_095807.jpg

I use this as my Grab bag, and if i need all of the equipment then 20170404_095914.jpg 20170404_095935.jpg

I have the Lowepro Slingshot 250 and the Tactic 350 that I will post pics up for those still looking. They will arrive tomorrow and I'll show a comparison to see which of the 2 I go with. I'll be looking to have mavic with all my extras and DSLR yet portable enough to take on a plane and backpack to different points of interest.

So I recieved both Lowepro Bags. The Slingshot 250AW and the ProTactic 350. Now comparing those 2 bags with my Slingshot 200AW this is what I came up with.

My Slingshot 200AW which is an older model had more space than the Slingshot 250. The 200 is deeper and a little wider. I only got to fit 1 battery with mavic and controller. I also managed to get Camera Nikon D5500 with lens and with extra 300mm lens. I had a lot of left over items that were not going to fit.

My 200AW (discontinued) images....
e3fa9a4be12e80f042d12ac09c974667.jpg

0e737dea7b181069ac7831a0ce42901a.jpg

4faca7e5bd30b68757b6f0b179a5a37a.jpg

f85ed0ab599b50b3ade95a793c286a21.jpg

Or skip landing gear and add camera with lens....
7c3ac7bd0fe6eff5c497aff70f65ac14.jpg

Now the new Slingshot 250AW

3dee63c5b643cae08e8903500a931e1b.jpg

43cda76372a11c7fd3c156e4a420932f.jpg

30072a5a8583360fd2e9d753796d6920.jpg

3419cfcf9607a104b37da1e28ceb2b92.jpg

3fda4dd79d2aa891c53a8b11538483ae.jpg

Now I tried the ProTactic 350AW
1e58be04c1013294f5ef9387a3077875.jpg

bfc2058db91f1edb8c014e159969dace.jpg
9773f94743048758bb658db6a14bc6a9.jpg

I was a lens short of adding my Nikon D5500 body with 3 lens. I also was able to add my iPad 3 which is full size iPad. I still have pockets on sides that were unused and the hood cover where camera is has a hard texture to protect Camera.

Slingshot 250AW is going back.

Here is a comparison...
1) Slingshot 200AW left - Discontinued
2) Slingshot 250AW middle
3) ProTactic 350AW right

Back view
2aa15d1bb574a5926a0bbc7cf69070ee.jpg

Side view
7855f9f34a935249eadd4c608cb48821.jpg

Front View
91ffb2cbfce6ff23fd885632800196eb.jpg

I will try to work on organizing the ProTactic 350AW a bit more to see if I can't get more and I'll update. But I'm definitely gonna keep this one for traveling especially with iPad compartment and additional lens for DSLR.

Given I had a couple extra things that didn't go in such as landing gear. I also have a foldable landing pad that was in in picture that I can squeeze in with iPad. I need to rearrange and see if I can make things fit a little better.

I'll update with my final setup.
Hope this helps some of you.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: mexicodrones
Here's a link to a video of all the things I finally added in my bag including a landing pad. This bag is awesome.

Mike

Funny how some users compromise all the portability of this tiny drone using huge cases filled with everything. :D

Reactions: LeMur and gllkoop
Funny how some users compromise all the portability of this tiny drone using huge cases filled with everything. :D

Well it depends RYO....

It's called common sense buddy. Before making that comment stop and think.....

What is the purpose of having so much in one bag. Not sure of you have travelled internationally or if your one of those that has never left your village.

Many of us plan to take our Mavic on a plane to travel internationally. I personally and someone with common sense will try to find a bag or something that will carry everything in one backpack. I also want to do a carry on backpack to take on plane and not throw it in luggage and take chances of breaking.

Your the guy I see on at the airport that has a man purse for his iPad, man purse for his camera and man purse for his mavic.

When I fly my Mavic locally, I have a simple small enough backpack to carry a camera with one set of lens and my Mavic items. Simplicity yes, no AC chargers or un-needed extras.... But when you travel long distance or overseas I rather have one bag to worry about aside from my luggage. Not 3 or 4 bags plus luggage.

I think you get the picture. Also this is not a bag or option for everyone but rather I posted this to help others when traveling on vacations to have an option to compare with others.

The cookie monster kinda gives you away lol. No need to further explain.

Mike

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Tried to get all my road gear into one bag.

Inside

Canon sl1 (3 lenses and battery charger)
Dji osmo mobile (+ charging wire, side metal mount for mic and tripod)
Moondog anamorphic lens with nd filter
Rode microphone and sony wireless bluetooth transmitter
Mavic (2 extra batteries, 4 propellers, multi battery charging brick (but not the large brick that plugs into wall, maybe in the outside side pocket,or i just leave the car charger in the car)
Iphone charger, cig lighter charger, cables.
Leatherman multitool
Coby Tripod
and a color chart

Goal was to get all this stuff into one bag, A bit of oragami for sure but lets see how it works when i take it out.
View attachment 2950 View attachment 2948 View attachment 2949 View attachment 2951

What Bag is this? Im trying to find something that will hold fly more combo, plus a dslr and a spare lens or two for the camera. So far this seems closest to my needs. Does it have a laptop compartment?

Not sure what that backpack is... But Lowepro ProTactic 350AW you'll be able to add tripod on the outside same as this backpack. I think the the 350AW or 450AW will do what you want. Depends what you want to spend. Also the Manfrotto backpacks are like the ones your looking for.

Checkout Manfrotto and Lowepro backpacks. I think the Manfrotto backpack I looked at was the manfrotto minibee 120. It had great storage but the straps were painful for hiking or long travels.

Haha the Manfrotto Minibus 120 is my top choice. Little more then I want to spend but Ive owned both LowePro and Kata (I believe Manfrotto bought them out?) Will check out the Pro Tactic. Thanks for the help.

Well it depends RYO....

It's called common sense buddy. Before making that comment stop and think.....

What is the purpose of having so much in one bag. Not sure of you have travelled internationally or if your one of those that has never left your village.

Many of us plan to take our Mavic on a plane to travel internationally. I personally and someone with common sense will try to find a bag or something that will carry everything in one backpack. I also want to do a carry on backpack to take on plane and not throw it in luggage and take chances of breaking.

Your the guy I see on at the airport that has a man purse for his iPad, man purse for his camera and man purse for his mavic.

When I fly my Mavic locally, I have a simple small enough backpack to carry a camera with one set of lens and my Mavic items. Simplicity yes, no AC chargers or un-needed extras.... But when you travel long distance or overseas I rather have one bag to worry about aside from my luggage. Not 3 or 4 bags plus luggage.

I think you get the picture. Also this is not a bag or option for everyone but rather I posted this to help others when traveling on vacations to have an option to compare with others.

The cookie monster kinda gives you away lol. No need to further explain.

Mike

I don't know why or when you felt called into question with my post, but i'll answer you even if i don't like the tone of your words when you talk about villages, "stop&think" (dunno if for you but for most people it's normal doing it), and the purses in the airport.....lol. I am a traveller (+40 countries including your country Spain, spanishcop, an countless times in Us if u're not). This is why i know much better that weekend travelers the importance of being light. At the end of the day i can't care less about what u need to have in YOUR bag, but what i know is that in my 30x40x20cm (more or less) little backpack i have my MP, rc, 2 batteries and the phone in my pocket. I am done. Charger? In the suitcase. But i know that for every one his needs. For some guys it's also, i guess, a macho matter to have a BIG case with on stamped "DRONE" to feel more important when once a year they hit an airport :D
Mavic is small, i keep everything small, light and as portable as possibile.

Reactions: LeMur
Thanks for input. I'm not going to clutter any further on this dispute.

Simply put... People post OPTIONS as the title says... Find the one that fits your needs. You like light go light. You want to carry more things with your Mavic than carry more things lol. It's that easy... Tastes for everyone. I'm just sharing my bags and comparisons. I'm not mandating you HAVE to use what I have.

My reply was your comment why you don't understand why people don't keep it simple. Your simple carry bag and my simple carry bag are 2 different views. So open your mind that not everyone needs to carry like you. I'm giving options.

Happy travels [emoji57]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada