DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

Hello, ill be placing my preorder tomorrow, but i'm looking for a bag that could hold the mavic, 4 batteries with one in or not in the drone itself, a small camera, a wallet, phone and iPad mini, a small clarinet case(around 29 by 15 cm), scores and maybe a laptop? I would ascend to heaven if I could not have 50 bags to carry every day

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great ideas for a Mavic Pro bag. Like so many, I found the bag bundled with the Fly More package a disappointment in regards to space. 20% larger would have been perfect.

However, thanks to many of your ideas, I decided to re-purpose a camera bag which I have not used in quite awhile. It is the Lowepro Slingshot 350AW.....not too big, not too small. This bag can be worn as a sling bag or a small backpack. Plus, it can hold everything, 4/5 batteries, iPad mini 4, chargers, cables, small camera and room to spare. The bag is light, fits under an airplane seat, in an overhead compartment and easy to tote around.

I ordered the Pelican Case 1401 replacement Pick-n-Pluck foam and mounted it on foam board to give it rigidity. The replacement lid foam piece lays on top for additional protection. After you are finished, spray the top surface of the foam with Plasti Dip spray rubber to keep the Pick-n-Pluck foam pieces secure when you are putting your Mavic and accessories in and out. Plenty of YouTube videos on how to use Plasti Dip with the foam inserts.

Thanks to all for your ideas.

23d4c991851faee5248f871961666648.jpg
8493c9a8c459a85bb599e2a88d1168b1.jpg
ba832792b7769574399af2bd57e6c669.jpg
06d550c1fdb5a80f7c96f76e0f4142be.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm using the Lowepro Sport Sling 100 AW. It's the smallest and lightest bag I could get away with and it has everything you need if you want to solely take just your Mavic without an SLR etc. It's designed to take on hikes, bikes, and snowboarding/skiing and conveniently has a rain fly just in case.

I also didn't want to carry a really obvious camera bag like most of the backpacks look like now a days. I'm able to get all my Mavic gear in, all my Gopro gear plus my wearable gimble can easily clip into the strap on the front and is nice and sturdy. Anyway, it's a great bag. Good luck in your search!

Lowepro Photo Sport Sling 100 AW (Orange) LP36352-PAM B&H Photo

Reactions: mango416
Hi :) Sorry for the lack og details :)
It's a osmo-case from eBay with Mavic-sticker on it. Inside there is a short LED rgb-strip with colour/dim-switch witch is activated with a flip-swithc when i opens. There is also a 30.000mAh slim powerbank and a 4-port hub for lights and charging controller/phone. But i have not yet reicived my Mavic so it's not all fitted yet. It will be hidden inside the padding and the bank charged when box is shut. There is room for it all i think, done my measuring:)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Awesome setup! Very curious in experimenting with a similar setup. Which LEDs did you go with? I've tried some battery powered LED strips in the past for other projects that did not hold up well. Are you plugging them into the power bank or running on their own battery? If power bank, are they always getting power from it?

Thanks!

Has anyone fuxed with a camelbak pack? I'm trying to find something more sporty that's small enough to strap onto my backcountry pack for a weekend, but big enough to pull off for day hikes. Don't think there will be a ton of padding in what im looking for so I'll prob wrap the mavic in a down jacket when I'm in the backcountry.

Thinking maybe a camelbak mule nv but not sure how things would fit inside.

Has anyone fuxed with a camelbak pack? I'm trying to find something more sporty that's small enough to strap onto my backcountry pack for a weekend, but big enough to pull off for day hikes. Don't think there will be a ton of padding in what im looking for so I'll prob wrap the mavic in a down jacket when I'm in the backcountry.

Thinking maybe a camelbak mule nv but not sure how things would fit inside.
I actually put my Mavic in a waterproof padded SLR lens case and throw it in my hiking packs. I just take the props off and have some 3D printed motor caps and away I go. Those lens cases are made to protect lenses that are much more expensive then our Mavics.

Reactions: Pie
I was sent the entire line of cases from MC-Cases to review on my channel, very high-quality stuff. Haven't decided which one I want to use.

GZ7J7te.jpg

pJUAVsY.jpg

Isn't the point of getting the mavic to be "compact"....those cases look far from "compact"...
They are a helluva lot more compact than my Phantom cases that hold the same amount of gear. I don't want to have to baby some camera bag or the DJI bag when transporting or storing at home. My small children like to terrorize my gear. I can use my DJI bag if I want to walk to a location from my vehicle.

They are a helluva lot more compact than my Phantom cases that hold the same amount of gear. I don't want to have to baby some camera bag or the DJI bag when transporting or storing at home. My small children like to terrorize my gear. I can use my DJI bag if I want to walk to a location from my vehicle.

I would hope their more compact than a phantom case.....comparing the mavic to a phantom is apples to oranges...

I would hope their more compact than a phantom case.....comparing the mavic to a phantom is apples to oranges...
Not really, apples and oranges are a similar size. I'd go with apples to grapes :D. I like to keep my stuff protected well, and have no interest in going all Neistat on my gear.

Thanks for all the great ideas for a Mavic Pro bag. Like so many, I found the bag bundled with the Fly More package a disappointment in regards to space. 20% larger would have been perfect.

I ordered the Pelican Case 1401 replacement Pick-n-Pluck foam and mounted it on foam board to give it rigidity. The replacement lid foam piece lays on top for additional protection. After you are finished, spray the top surface of the foam with Plasti Dip spray rubber to keep the Pick-n-Pluck foam pieces secure when you are putting your Mavic and accessories in and out. Plenty of YouTube videos on how to use Plasti Dip with the foam inserts.
I agree.....the pick-and-pluck foam is great for the do-it-yourselfer but rips very easily. I also used the plasti-dip trick on my gun cases and it has been awesome. The foam is still soft and pliable but it doesn't rip on the corners and seals all of the serrations so it looks like one piece of foam when your done.....here is a pic of one of my many gun cases that I did....

Last edited:
I was sent the entire line of cases from MC-Cases to review on my channel, very high-quality stuff. Haven't decided which one I want to use.

GZ7J7te.jpg

pJUAVsY.jpg
I have one of these it is fantastic quality and amazingly light and compact.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I have both the Explorer and Compact. I keep everything in the Explorer and take that out if away for he weekend etc. but if just popping down the road I just stick the Mavic etc. in the Compact and offski... :)

Personally I would prefer to carry even the Explorer round with me and keep the Mavic protected than take any risk. I have already heard 2 stories of a leg being broken in the official bag (not dropped but clearly mishandled somehow, one was in the back of a car) and one story of the leg breaking off when it was wrapped in a towel in a rucksack. I think this shows however careful you are, things can still go wrong.

I have both the Explorer and Compact. I keep everything in the Explorer and take that out if away for he weekend etc. but if just popping down the road I just stick the Mavic etc. in the Compact and offski... :)

Personally I would prefer to carry even the Explorer round with me and keep the Mavic protected than take any risk. I have already heard 2 stories of a leg being broken in the official bag (not dropped but clearly mishandled somehow, one was in the back of a car) and one story of the leg breaking off when it was wrapped in a towel in a rucksack. I think this shows however careful you are, things can still go wrong.
Yeah, I think I like the Explorer better. More room for stuff, and I could even transport the DJI bag with the left foam removed.

Reactions: freelanderuk
Cool, did you go for the compact or the explorer?
I have the Explorer case so much room for everything and space for the things i have yet to buy :)

Main reason for this one is safe secure storage for travel and when im on foot i use the Excellent DJI bag.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Awesome setup! Very curious in experimenting with a similar setup. Which LEDs did you go with? I've tried some battery powered LED strips in the past for other projects that did not hold up well. Are you plugging them into the power bank or running on their own battery? If power bank, are they always getting power from it?

Thanks!

It is USB-driven LED witch is connected to the powerbank. But after some thinking i have decided to install a touch-switch inside to activate the powerbank when i need it instead of always on when the case is open...:)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: PennStateMatt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54