DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal lost or Low Battery Question

scalci

Reactions
Hi Guys

I am new to this, so please bear with me.

My Mavic shipped yesterday so I cant wait....

I have three questions:

1. What happens when you fly out ot range or loat signal, does the Mavic return to the home position?
2. What happens when the battery runs low, does it know when to turn back home to make the flight back?
3. Max distance you can fly away?

Rgs
Scalci

1. What happens when you fly out of range or lost signal, does the Mavic return to the home position?

If you have not disabled automatic RTH, yes.

2. What happens when the battery runs low, does it know when to turn back home to make the flight back?

If you have not disabled automatic low-battery RTH, yes.

The system can only roughly estimate the range due to many variables (speed, direct travel, obstacles, wind resistance, falling temperatures, etc.). The app shows an estimated remaining time and a halfway-point. This estimated range can vary a lot throughout your mission so watch it and play conservatively.

If the system thinks there's only enough battery to descend safely, and not finish an RTH, then that's what it's going to do, no matter how far away from you it might be. Even over water or children's heads so watch it and play conservatively.

3. Max distance you can fly away?

The DJI estimate is about 8 miles for a mission. The manual isn't clear if they meant that as 8 miles total round trip, but that would make sense given the overall radio range is a little over 4 miles at best.

Oh, and the manual can be read before you get your bird.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf

Thx halley

I will most definitely fly it in the beginning in the best automated way to learn...

Rgs
Scalci

Thx halley

I will most definitely fly it in the beginning in the best automated way to learn...

Rgs
Scalci

And find a nice open space for your first bunch of flights to test all the drone functions and also test the RTH etc.

For me the first thing i always do is confirm my RTH hight so that if something goes wrong ghe drone will climb to a safe hight to return back to you home point

And for your first flights once you hit 50% battery start heading back toward you home point until you understand the capability of the drone and batteries

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters