DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simple and Small Launch/Landing Pad

jamiemink

Reactions
So I had a few pieces of shelving laying around and decided to make a small and simple takeoff and landing pad for my drones. Adding a few strips of black tape provides the Mavic a visual contrast to record for a confident RTH. It's worked out great being so small and able to raise the drones off of a wet or grassy surface. Landing the Mavic on it easy peasy, for the Phantom I simply hand grab it as always.

Anyhow, thought I'd share the idea.

47eec77062750379d3bae0cd9006470e.jpg
48d124644bb2cf5ab5d31fe5b8f73180.jpg
287561535def77dcba62721adf406dca.jpg
d13d6e66b50c3731a934c3b6b560e6d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: MavProJNG
I like this idea and the handle makes it somewhat portable. I'm considering using a foldable car window shade and painting on a pattern but I haven't tried it yet, anyone else do this already?

This is me talking, but I nearly lost my seeing eye hand catching mavic yesterday.
In my Noobness I caught it with my right hand then realised i needed two hands to use the
"sticks in" method to turn it off.
Mavic started to weigh 20 kgs in random directions lol

If anyone taped it, it will be on youtube :p

I just bought me a piece of oilcloth (toile cirée, in French), the kind you put on a kitchen table, with colored fruits printed on it.
It's light, foldable (so I can get it easily in my backpack), easily cleaned if needed and you just throw it upon any kind of surface you want to offer a cool, very much visible, landpad for the Mavic.
Cost me around 3 €.

This is me talking, but I nearly lost my seeing eye hand catching mavic yesterday.
In my Noobness I caught it with my right hand then realised i needed two hands to use the
"sticks in" method to turn it off.
Mavic started to weigh 20 kgs in random directions lol

If anyone taped it, it will be on youtube :p

You dont need to use both sticks ... you only need to hold the left stick straight down to power down when hand catching.

The left stick down method takes three seconds before it shuts down, make sure you hang on until it does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas