DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sketchy strategy for best YouTube video...

WheelzWorld

Reactions
A guy one day told me it is better to downgrade a 4k video to 1080 and render it back to 4k (or some seriously crazy thing like that....) to enable Best quality on YouTube [emoji15]

I was really laughing my *** off but he seems to be pretty serious...

So I guess this question has been asked an infinite quantity of times but "is there a sketchy strategy to get better results...?"

I truly uploaded great quality video ending up like crap on YouTube... Need some advise... (fast moving subject with complicated background here...)

Reactions: Trustinclark
Obviously any "scale it back up to a higher resolution" will be a crappy strategy.

YouTube has a target bandwidth for each resolution, and will recode your input video to fit within that target. Fast-moving scenes or super-high-detail in scenes need more data, so that's what will suffer in quality when they recode your input.

Vimeo has a higher target bandwidth, basically letting the original encoding play through. If you really want fine output, try Vimeo. I post all my produced 4K stuff there.

YouTube is made by an ad company (Google) and has thoroughly integrated monetization abilities and has a much wider audience. I post all my snippets and experiments there.

Depends on what you want from a hosting site.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929