DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ski holidays in Courchevel, France. Quality problem.

Fredo

Reactions
Hi all. Here is my second video with my Mavic and the last with this one.
I do have a quality problem or compression problem on dark area and dark environment.
You will see it during the video when I shot by night. Lot of noise!
My Mavic is actually in Nederland at Dji customer service, they should send me a new one.
However, enjoy the video.

Fredo

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi all. Here is my second video with my Mavic and the last with this one.
I do have a quality problem or compression problem on dark area and dark environment.
You will see it during the video when I shot by night. Lot of noise!
My Mavic is actually in Nederland at Dji customer service, they should send me a new one.
However, enjoy the video.

Fredo

I love your video. I don't think the quality is that bad at all.

Having said that, if you want to take image quality to the next level, you need an ND 32 to shoot those snow scenes in full daylight. Not that they are bad, but you'll get much better results with the proper exposure and shutter speed. The only way to do that is with ND filters in manual mode. Snow scenes are flooded with light. So you'll need an ND 32. Maybe even an ND 64.

The Mavic camera and most consumer and prosumer cameras are all going to struggle with noise in low light. Neat video (Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video) is used by professionals and will totally clean up all that noise. It's amazing.

Hi erikgraham and thanks for your answer.
My quality problem is not so big in this snow (white and clear) scene. But I did other flights under forest and I clearly have a problem with the green color of trees. There is an other thread on this on the forum about the oil painting effect. I have this problem.
About the night shots quality, I just compared mine and those on YouTube and found mine very noisy.
Also I can't take a jpg picture with any good quality, it always look like an old 2mp smartphone picture.
For a 4k sensor... That suck.
As you said, I should look on filters. I don't know anything about it. I should Googled it or Youtubed it. Lol.
Finally your soft look powerful, but I should fine a freeware equivalent.
Thanks for the info.

Nice shots!
But as @erikgraham said you have problem with over exposure.
Regarding the filters, look for combination of ND with Polaroid filter: I don't have them yet for mavic but normally I am using CPL \ND8+PL\ND16+PL this will give you good saturation + will cut the reflexes from shiny surfaces.
I hope you will be happy with the new camera, although I have to say that image quality is the weakest point of Mavic. I hope in the future DJI will improve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000