DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

image.jpg I thought that the ability to apply your own design to a Decalgirl skin would allow me to put an Arctic Camo design on my Mavic. Unfortunately they don't place the various pieces relative to each other and in some cases place the pieces on a reverse orientation. This has meant that there are hard horizontal changes in colour nothing like the curves that should flow around the drones body. So, although the vinyl and the cutting is fine, the design tool falls down and the effect is ruined. Most of it is going to go in the bin.

My skin from decalGirl was the same way. The design came with two extra battery skins. The design on the batteries did not flow nicely into the design on the body. It really looked weird when I swapped batteries. I eventually took the whole skin off as I just didn't like the look. Also, the skin areas along the sides of the craft didn't flow into the top the way it should have. If I did it again I would only one solid color. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: RobP62
That's the one I ordered. It's somewhere between HK and here. I found DecalGirl to be expensive - esp. that you had to pay more for 2 extra battery skins at $6 a pop.

OOOOOOPPPS - just realized that I ordered it from TACO - same looking skin. And it's not for the whole bird - just the 4 batteries and the remote. ****!

Point gun at at foot - pull trigger! :mad:

So after a few back and forth with Taco, they say that they sent me the battery cover decals AND the body skins - all for US$21.99 S&H included. If that's so then I'm really happy. So far somewhere between Hong Kong and here...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronin229
I profiled DecalGirl at the start of the month on Feb 9th with the 80+ skins she produces for the Mavic. Apparently i can't post a link to something that might be of interest, but you can find it on my site,

The Decalgirl wrap is for the trash and I'm going to try the Matt army green from dronewrap and apply some acrylic paint. Less risk than painting a Mavic and no different really than painting the model aircraft kits I'd have hanging from the ceiling when I was younger.

Reactions: cluc
The Decalgirl wrap is for the trash and I'm going to try the Matt army green from dronewrap and apply some acrylic paint. Less risk than painting a Mavic and no different really than painting the model aircraft kits I'd have hanging from the ceiling when I was younger.

I haven't tried them, but also really hadn't found any others. Did you try one of the Decalgirl one's or are you going by feedback from others?

I have a Decalgirl skin and thought the fitment was great! I ordered it from my phone and at the time and didn't realize the default finish was a matte finish (I wanted glossy). The matte finish looks less impressive as it brings out the fact that it's a print (vs. looking like a paint job). I ordered a glossy custom skin today and am looking forward to receiving it. I'll post an update once it's on my Mavic. In the meantime, here's my current skin.

6849d5621fe745d87e90f0b4ab1f9a2c.jpg

I haven't tried them, but also really hadn't found any others. Did you try one of the Decalgirl one's or are you going by feedback from others?
The camo skin a few posts up is mine from Decalgirl. My problem is that the self design tool doesn't allow a proper flow across the drone . Where they offset parts 'to optimise' the cut I've ended up with a spoilt design hence going to a matt base cut and I'll find some paint that sticks to put on over the top.

I have a Decalgirl skin and thought the fitment was great! I ordered it from my phone and at the time and didn't realize the default finish was a matte finish (I wanted glossy). The matte finish looks less impressive as it brings out the fact that it's a print (vs. looking like a paint job). I ordered a glossy custom skin today and am looking forward to receiving it. I'll post an update once it's on my Mavic. In the meantime, here's my current skin.

6849d5621fe745d87e90f0b4ab1f9a2c.jpg

Paint me in the bright and colourful easy to find category...

Reactions: Ronin229
This was my first skin job, some corner are a bit off but I can live with it. I have another skin from Skin Wrap but still on the way to be delivered.
This one is from SkinGirl, if I dont like it, well will peel it off and use the other wrap. :)

I like the look, as the parts which are not covered make it look like a old high tech white drone with some scratches, my fiance said it looked like a stormtropper :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121