DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

Anyone ever have birds chase you in the same area again and again only to out on a white or other colored skin and no longer see that problem?

I'd love to see a white and normal mavic out flying in an area with birds to see if it's true that white seems to keep them away.

In Germany new rules for drones weighting from 0.25 kilograms (kg), owners must identify their name and address with a badge on the aircraft.

I get this from www.BVCP.de
In Germany new rules for drones weighting from 0.25 kilograms (kg), owners must identify their name and address with a badge on the aircraft.

I get this from www.BVCP.de
aw man i tried to order one but it doesnt ship to the US

Dronewrap - Butterfly Copper. Wrap went beautifully until my fat fingers ripped the sticker for the back right prop arm. Cant recommend the product enough. The tolerances are super tight (not reflected well in my case as I am impatient and could have done a better job had I taken my time). Shipping via EMS was quick too. Ordered April 4 and received April 11.

Attachments

• IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_3218.JPG
    IMG_3218.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 354
Dronewrap - Butterfly Copper. Wrap went beautifully until my fat fingers ripped the sticker for the back right prop arm. Cant recommend the product enough. The tolerances are super tight (not reflected well in my case as I am impatient and could have done a better job had I taken my time). Shipping via EMS was quick too. Ordered April 4 and received April 11.
Christ on a bike, that looks like a work of art.

Out of interest, if you stick these skins down slightly off centre is it easy to remove and re-apply?

I can only speak for dronewrap as it is the only product I have used - but yes. It is very easy to peel a misplaced sticker back and re-paste it. I think I did that multiple times with just about every sticker I put on my mavic. The key with dronewrap is to follow the order they suggest, and remember not to pull too hard on the sticker if you have to repaste it, as their stickers are not designed to stretch.

Also - if you decide to wrap your mavic - one thing I found really helpful was to use one of my spare props as a tool to remove air pockets from under the sticker. The long edge of the blade serves as a "spatula" of sorts, and the short edge is great for pushing the sticker edges into tight places.

I can only speak for dronewrap as it is the only product I have used - but yes. It is very easy to peel a misplaced sticker back and re-paste it. I think I did that multiple times with just about every sticker I put on my mavic. The key with dronewrap is to follow the order they suggest, and remember not to pull too hard on the sticker if you have to repaste it, as their stickers are not designed to stretch.

Also - if you decide to wrap your mavic - one thing I found really helpful was to use one of my spare props as a tool to remove air pockets from under the sticker. The long edge of the blade serves as a "spatula" of sorts, and the short edge is great for pushing the sticker edges into tight places.
Excellent, many thanks.

Reactions: sho'nuff
6d4a83650cd9378a492c1d8135bfe007.jpg

In the process of designing this

Reactions: Pp09nlk2n
I have a dronegirl wrap and it looks nice. If I could go back I'd go with a dronewrap tho...It appears to fit nicer in a few areas.

Do you like them and if so do you have a link on those leg extenders
I live them! As for the leg extenders, I found them on thingiverse.Com and then used 3dhubs.com to find a local 3D print shop to print them for me. Make sure they use ABS plastic. The PLA material doesn't fit as snug and can fall off.

I am just wondering who is going to be first for making them for this new drone, i have done a full search for any but can't find any from anywhere yet. This skin should be quite easy to make than all the others.
Anyone else know of anyone who does them ? I have tried all the big sellers like eBay Amazon Aliexpress ect.
Try decalgirl.com they have hundreds and very cool ones

As I have mentioned previously I have the capability to make this kind of wrap (we mainly do vehicles) and I have toiled over designs of what I want (if anything)

Do I want vandalise my mavic lol

One thing that strikes me there are some real corkers design wise that look great, but there are some right stinkers too amazes me occasionally what folks like!

Guess that's what makes the world the beautiful place it is

Keep up the good work folks

I currently have a Drone Skin Fiber Red Skin. But I designed a skin from Decal Girl that I like. (I just have not installed it yet.) Think Sky Pirate.

931c84c0c38c2ded0d2c152e49e1c83c.jpg
b4a72770a72ef1238a6b5397b2edaca9.jpg

maybe American Airlines, NASA, Southwest.... or Amazon..... livery. Keep people guessing.

I had some spare time last night. Making up some skins...
zJDYimQ.jpg

hvwMKOz.jpg

Im curious how that blue pattern looks in the sky. Does it disappear? Im interested in a pattern or color that makes my quad the least noticeable to people....I really hate people asking me dumb questions while Im flying.

Reactions: Skyangel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair