DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins vs Naked for Mavic ?

0f4dfb23ef06be6b297fc9f82da7f71c.jpg
0f4dfb23ef06be6b297fc9f82da7f71c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi, great mod and skins.

I tend to view skins more as a protective layer against scratches, rather than for aesthetic purposes. If you ask me, the MP's original color is the best :)

Hi, great mod and skins.

I tend to view skins more as a protective layer against scratches, rather than for aesthetic purposes. If you ask me, the MP's original color is the best :)

Yup, one of the reasons why I got skins, to act as a protection against scratches.

But if the skin has to be there, why not just go for something fun? ;)

Falcon,

I have skins on my P3P's and my Mavic. I do see a purpose. The skins on my P3's are very colorful, the skin on my Mavic is bright orange. I don't really like the appearance as I like a very clean look but I put them on for visiblility. I've only had it happen a couple of times in the last few years but if your bird goes down it can be quite difficult to see when searching vast areas. Between the bright colors and my trackers I feel more confident that I can recover my bird in the event of a mishap. JMHO, of course!

Jerry

I put an OD green skin on my MP and tbh it looks about the same lol.....it has the same sort of tone intensity. I wish I'd gone for a brighter color or something that was just different from the grey. Alas....

Reactions: rneiman3 and JtrJr
This is my most popular decal set right now, very minimalistic and classy:

Reactions: BangkokFlyBoy
Ordered a white skin from dronewrap. Going for a color that is less visible in the sky. I figure the less visible I am the less stupid people will ask me questions.

Falcon,

I have skins on my P3P's and my Mavic. I do see a purpose. The skins on my P3's are very colorful, the skin on my Mavic is bright orange. I don't really like the appearance as I like a very clean look but I put them on for visiblility. I've only had it happen a couple of times in the last few years but if your bird goes down it can be quite difficult to see when searching vast areas. Between the bright colors and my trackers I feel more confident that I can recover my bird in the event of a mishap. JMHO, of course!

Jerry
I agree with that. I put on "world of soap" from (DJI Mavic Pro Skin - World of Soap), to improve visibility.

Will DJI replace it on warranty with skin applied or you have to remove it before?

I own a vinyl print shop and bought the pattern, so I have been making my own. But I needed a calibration pattern. Used cheap vinyl for these two and it started peeling up immediately.

Attachments

• IMG_20170503_154525.jpg
    IMG_20170503_154525.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20170502_134426.jpg
    IMG_20170502_134426.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:
The majority of the heat comes from the heat sink on the bottom. It gets pretty hot there. The skin shouldn't be an issue.

FYI - you could use a hair dryer or heat gun to help instal them properly. Clean it with isopropanol or another good cleaner that leaves no residue behind. I have never had any issues with my Phantoms losing stickers.

This ^^^^^^

Cleaning the surface is a must I make stickers for vehicles (an anything that will take stickers) it's the same material for mavic skins

If the sticker doesn't stick the surface is contaminated we use methylated spirit and a lint free cloth

On a side note I am lucky I could make anything I want in fact I have made 2 different ones and they were very neat with no big gaps and the design flowed very well I was quite chuffed

I stuck them on

They lasted about 1 hour each I think they spoiled the look of a very sleek look design I took them straight off lol I hated them

But hey each to his own I might try third time lucky use plain Matt wrap vinyl

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair