DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins vs Naked for Mavic ?

I believe eyes are the things that deter them from attacking, how and why, I don't know.

We live on the north west coast of Germany and the sea gulls are the size of your average Airbus!!!!
and I never had problems with them,
but I im quite convinced that if I flew in nesting season of any bird breeding it would attempt to attack the drone.....

We have loads of swallows and they will even attack you if you get close there nests.

;-)

Good to know about putting eye decals on it. Mine keeps getting attacked by various birds. I even had an Osprey go after it the other day.

Acá está el mío están muy buenos los diseños el que más me gustó es el negro mate.
La mejor manera de manejar el stress. [emoji1363][emoji41]
7988475062f155d41e009e6532dffef2.jpg

Reactions: BigEegit
No! I am really convinced that the noise from the drone is the main reason for birds attempt to attack the drone, plus breeding season where all birds are very territorial and will attack any intruder!!!

We have loads of swallows and they can be quite brave in defending their nests and really don't care weather it is a drone or person.....

Seagulls just seem to get annoyed and fly off ...

Birds of prey like Falken or eagles will defend a territory irrespective of eyes or not

Reactions: wayy510
like it Naked.......

Birds of prey don't care about color or sticker... if they feel the need to flex there might that's what they'll do
It's Nature's way .Your not going to stop that

Acá está el mío están muy buenos los diseños el que más me gustó es el negro mate.
La mejor manera de manejar el stress. [emoji1363][emoji41]
7988475062f155d41e009e6532dffef2.jpg
You like Matte black because less
Stress.?

Out of my floats while using over the water I will neber use battery mod or skin or other not-DJI-accessories to pimp up my drone. Not ok to take risk to overweight it or compromise the balance or make it overheat...

Reactions: BigEegit
Out of my floats while using over the water I will neber use battery mod or skin or other not-DJI-accessories to pimp up my drone. Not ok to take risk to overweight it or compromise the balance or make it overheat...

Do you really think the skin will overweight the maveric?
Not sure about that

Everybody has them so you can get them everywhere now. I am getting mine this week. The weight is negligible so no real worries there.
It is purely an ascetic thing. If you like them, buy one. They are as cheap as $5.

Subscribed.

Got to agree, your system looks fabulous. Is there a cover available for a battery 4?

P.S. I'm curious why you appear to prefer to mount your iPad other than between the loving arms of the RC.
You Can get the carbon fiber covers just for the batteries they come in 3. I got mine at Amazon.

Whoa! I was not aware they can easily be removed.

I love the concept that one may change the appearance of one's aircraft as often as one desires -- but must also agree that the appearance of the original MP is fabulous, especially when in "full dress" -- color-matched landing gear, black lens hood, the color-matched easy-on-and-off propeller guards that DJI sells for $15.

As my Mavic Pro descends majestically in full dress toward its orange-colored "helipad" Home Point, I am always reminded of the scene in which Batman, with his cape fully extended out from his arms, descends, ever-so-slowly, toward Gotham, while the crowd below looks up into the darkened sky, awestruck into silence by what they are seeing.*

*Reality check: Just as it costs money to experience Batman in a movie, there is also a price to pay for the experience of watching the MP descend in full dress: a loss of flying time about 5 minutes per battery (about 20 minutes without the guards becomes about 15 minutes with them, while the charge is dropping from 100% to 30%).

6729FAA4-AFB8-4690-A6C9-59200A249E65.jpeg 25EDC769-FC7A-4739-94BA-941BAAA7B960.jpeg I like that look of the carbon fiber on the iPad. I’ll have to look into that. I need to do my Mavmount as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+