DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow service centre turn around

niclariv

Reactions
I'm pretty upset with DJI's turn around time. It turns out if they do an actual repair at the service centre in Carson, CA (instead of just send a different drone back to you as a refresh) their turn around time is 2-3 weeks PLUS shipping time (which is a week to me in Victoria, BC). Now that is BS! Especially when I sent it in not because of a crash, but because of jello issues I couldn't get rid of. So they shipped me a faulty drone, and I need to wait up to a month to get it back. To make matters worse, I'm travelling to France and Luxembourg in early March - one of the main reasons I bought this drone - and it may not be back in time. That is really terrible customer support.

Yeah, that pretty much sucks and it's part of the reason why I simply returned the faulty drone I got and just bought another. The turn around time was about 7 days.

I wish I had done that, but it probably would have been too late anyway. I crashed the first drone and the one I'm returning for jello is the one I got back from my DJI refresh.. though to be honest there was a bit of jello with the first drone too, I just hadn't gotten around to trying to sort it out when I crashed it.

How do professionals who rely on having these things work for a shoot do it? Buy two drone so there's one handy as a backup? There must be a better way... Plus isn't DJI care supposed to get us 'rapid support'? Or does that only work if you crash it and not for a warranty issue? Makes no sense..

Well I'm one guy who bought 2 mavics for the just in case and guess what I'm sending one back cause of focusing problems but still have the other but bad thing is I didn't get to try the second one yet cause all the snow we are getting in New York.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It's a shame that buying two is a requirement if you want to count on it. Sure if I crash it, fair enough - it's my fault, but buying two just to have one that will work when you need it because of manufacturing problems is ridiculous.

7day turnaround for me. The main issue is that the shipping label dji gives out is UPS ground - so super slow.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

I'm pretty upset with DJI's turn around time. It turns out if they do an actual repair at the service centre in Carson, CA (instead of just send a different drone back to you as a refresh) their turn around time is 2-3 weeks PLUS shipping time (which is a week to me in Victoria, BC). Now that is BS! Especially when I sent it in not because of a crash, but because of jello issues I couldn't get rid of. So they shipped me a faulty drone, and I need to wait up to a month to get it back. To make matters worse, I'm travelling to France and Luxembourg in early March - one of the main reasons I bought this drone - and it may not be back in time. That is really terrible customer support.

I know this is disappointing, especially with the big trip coming up. Maybe post your concerns on the DJI site? Possibly one of the MODs may be able to look into it for you to hopefully speed things up.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

7day turnaround for me. The main issue is that the shipping label dji gives out is UPS ground - so super slow.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

Is that when they actually did a repair, or was it a new drone they sent back to you?

iPhone 6S

I know this is disappointing, especially with the big trip coming up. Maybe post your concerns on the DJI site? Possibly one of the MODs may be able to look into it for you to hopefully speed things up.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Oh I have... but I felt like I might as post it here too. Had I known how long this would take I wouldn't have tried so much troubleshooting myself before sending it off and would have given it more time.

iPhone 6S

I managed to get them to expedite it. It still took a while.. they received it last Friday, today (Friday) they repaired it, and it's still waiting for quality assurance. At least (if this one works when I get it) I'll be good to go for my upcoming trip and local filming

iPhone 6S

I just got back my drone thru Refresh and it was DOA out of the box. (Gimbal issue) the replacement drone looked obviously used with none of the protective stickers in place, it was a little dirty and had someone else's name in the settings. I got on chat and expressed my displeasure and apprised them of an important upcoming event. They apologized, set up an escalated claim and sent two day air label to try to get it back to me before the event. I was initially upset but DJI seemed to step up for me. I'll hold off on my opinion for now. We'll see...

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Oh man that sucks. Really really bad! Sounds like they just took someone else's drone that was sent in for the gimbal issue (probably crashed) and gave it to you. Refresh is supposed to be a brand new or refurbished drone. When I had to refresh due to a crash I got one back that seemed brand new. Unfortunately it had the jello issue I had to send it in for, but it was probably made that way. You should probably complain a little more when you finally get it sorted. For my first refresh I had made arrangements to have them ship it back expedited because UPS ground takes a week, and they shipped it back ground anyway, so when I complained about that they sent me a charging hub free.

iPhone 6S

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato