DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow speed when front OA sensors on

Golfnut

Reactions
DJI has been singularly unhelpful with my problem. When front OA sensors are on, Mavic top speed is 8mph. Turn them off, and full speed is attained. I have done enough testing to know it's not the wind, the sun or the Mavic settings. DJI support wants me to recalibrate the cameras and sensors. I have tried that numerous times and the process stalls at 85%. I have read enough threads to know this is a common problem with DJI assistant. So I turn now to the Mavic users who have lots of experience with the quad. DJI has sent me an RMA # but I really want to avoid that if at all possible.

Try a different computer for the DJI Assistant and see if you can get through the calibration. I have two computers that DJI Assistant doesn't run on - at least it won't connect to my Mavic. Otherwise, I'd plan on returning it unless you are fine running around without OA.

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. The calibration instructions actually want you to use a monitor at least 12.5". However, I did get the calibration to work on my Macbook but it stuck at 85%. Unfortunately I'm away from my home for 2 months and travelling light so don't have access to another computer. As you said, I can fly without OA and may do so until I get home in March. I can still use the RMA then if the calibration still doesn't work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000