DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slower flight speeds in Home Lock mode

saudio

Reactions
New Mavic pilot here, and learning the bird. I tried Home Lock a couple of times, and the maximum speed the Mavic will achieve is 15 MPH, as opposed to the normal 22 in standard P mode. With my P3A the speeds were the same in either mode.

Is there a setting somewhere where I can correct this?

Also, getting some false object avoidance messages when my altitude is far above any obstacles. I have to stop and change altitudes to get going again. I searched and some people suggest that this is a reaction to flying into direct sunlight. Is there a fix for this other than switching into sport mode?

Thanks

Mike

Oh, and by the way, the cloud ceiling above my house is at 300 feet today. Ask me how I know ;-)

I searched and some people suggest that this is a reaction to flying into direct sunlight. Is there a fix for this other than switching into sport mode?

Hi Mike,

You can turn off obstacle avoidance with low sun.

I have been having trouble with the low winter sun also triggering OA, so I bought an extra camera bubble and am making a sun shield for the camera, hopefully that will help. Haven't tried it but will sport mode work in homelock? that would get you back faster :)

Hi Mike,

You can turn off obstacle avoidance with low sun.

Thank you! I supposed that would be the case but I was hoping there was perhaps a fix rather than a work around. At least I know what is going on so I can always get back home. Thanks again.

I have been having trouble with the low winter sun also triggering OA, so I bought an extra camera bubble and am making a sun shield for the camera, hopefully that will help. Haven't tried it but will sport mode work in homelock? that would get you back faster :)

Thank you! No, looks like as soon as you enable Sport mode, all intelligent flight modes are disabled. However, I did discover that if I manually turn off obstacle avoidance it will fly at normal speeds. And when I think about it, in home or course lock the front of the aircraft is rarely going to be facing forward anyway so I may as well turn that stuff off.

Reactions: F6Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy