DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small Black Dot on video playback & pics

kk77

Reactions
I have a small black dot that appears when I record video and take pictures. It is in the same place every shot. I have cleaned the lens thoroughly and still have the same outcome. I do not believe it is dust under the lens either. Seems like a dead pixel or the equivalent. Perhaps a problem with the sensor?
Anyone else experiencing this? Very frustrating. I think it is a defective camera and should be covered under warranty

Do you see the black dot whenever your Mavic is on or only while recording? I don't remember seeing this question here before, so perhaps you may want to search for forum threads about this using the forum search function, i.e., the magnifying glass at the upper right of the forum screen.

It's probably not dust in the lens. I don't think it would even focus on dust let alone display it as a black dot. If you can't find anything about this on any forum threads and no one else responds to you in a timely manner, I would contact DJI immediately as this defect would be covered under their warranty provided you are still within the warranty period.

That's a real bummer. Sorry for your luck. Good luck on getting the issue resolved.

Do you see the black dot whenever your Mavic is on or only while recording? I don't remember seeing this question here before, so perhaps you may want to search for forum threads about this using the forum search function, i.e., the magnifying glass at the upper right of the forum screen.

It's probably not dust in the lens. I don't think it would even focus on dust let alone display it as a black dot. If you can't find anything about this on any forum threads and no one else responds to you in a timely manner, I would contact DJI immediately as this defect would be covered under their warranty provided you are still within the warranty period.

That's a real bummer. Sorry for your luck. Good luck on getting the issue resolved.

Thanks! I'll take your advice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark