DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small little silver round piece fell off of mavic when removing gimbal brace and cover?

Mine has had no problems other than that because I did a test flight with it and everything is working fine and even recorded it with the drone in 4k and it is awesome, no errors come up or anything. I love this thing so much!

Reactions: KPN and Mayordick
Also my fear of not sending it back is that the gimbal could have suffered internal damage and will not work properly. Is there a test i can do to check the gimbal and make sure it is working properly. Thanks in advance.

Offhand run the Gimbal Calibration from GO.

Reactions: Mayordick
If you send it in, aren't you taking the same exact chance when a replacement has to be shippped also? They are just going to fix it, affix the gimbal lock/bubble, and ship it back. Same chance of the lock coming off and breaking the piece again.

Thanks for this info though. I bought a used Mavic a few days ago, and as it has no warranty technically (second owner), I asked the seller to put a piece of tape along the gimball/camera-to gimball lock, at the bottom where they are flush to each other. That should guarantee the gimball lock stays put.

When my drone shows, even if it's not broken (doubt it will be), I'll probably address the area using glue. Then get a front installed gimbal lock. Best of luck guys.

View media item 370My Mavic came in today with the same issue. It was not packed very well. They want me to send it back and in 7 to 14 business days I may get another one back. I have not even turned it on in fear of them saying I crashed it. I was wondering if I should and if we will ever be able to purchase the part.

Attachments

• 20170207_170525.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
They told me just today 2/7/17. Not to fly it and to send it back immediately for replacement. Because if the gimbal was knocked out of the lock, the box took a huge hit and could have damaged other components inside. I would hate to fly my mavic and have it crash and end up costing me one of my Care package replacements especially if crash was caused by malfunction due to shipping damage. So i am returning it and maybe the "rush" will have slowed down. The ship out days have dropped quite a bit. Hopefully in couple of weeks i will get to fly my Mavic. I will update on shipping. I have been waiting since 2/2 for my prepaid return label.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I am still waiting on return shipping label! I have called 3 times and chatted 4 times on DJI support chat.

I am still waiting on return shipping label! I have called 3 times and chatted 4 times on DJI support chat.

The email I got said you should receive a shipping label within 2 days. So I did an online chat on the third day. Mike the guy I got was able to approve the label. I got it via email a fee hours later. I'd try the chat. I did give them a hard time. It should not be this hard to make a return. No other retailer is close to this bad handling returns that I have delta with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mayordick
They lady i chatted with yesterday said she approved it for same day approval and even confirmed my email address. That was yesterday morning around 10 am (cst). I am going to chat with them again today. I just tweeted on their page as well. So hopefully i will get a response.

Reactions: phoenix3
That's my point. Why do we have to jump through hoops for there mistakes. If it weren't for their products or lack of any real competitor for the Mavic, I'd had just got a refund.

Mine has had no problems other than that because I did a test flight with it and everything is working fine and even recorded it with the drone in 4k and it is awesome, no errors come up or anything. I love this thing so much!

If you add ND filter on the gimbal, it might not be able to calibrate the gimbal without the counter weight.

I Had exactly the same problem.
It has been a problem that has happenedso often and Dji don't have a fast solution for an easy to fix broken cap, it's a shame.
Return the product and wait 2 weeks for a replacement to change a 2 screw plastic isn't a smart solution and for a customer like me who came to US in a short period just to get your product, it's just unacceptable.
I had no option than keep a broken mavic.

20170211_201356.jpg

Attachments

• 20170211_201531.jpg
    20170211_201531.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
I Had exactly the same problem.
It has been a problem that has happenedso often and Dji don't have a fast solution for an easy to fix broken cap, it's a shame.
Return the product and wait 2 weeks for a replacement to change a 2 screw plastic isn't a smart solution and for a customer like me who came to US in a short period just to get your product, it's just unacceptable.
I had no option than keep a broken mavic.

View attachment 7053
I am still worried my replacement will be broken the same. I am suprised no one has came out with an aftermarket replacement. If my replacement is broken I may return for a refund and wait for mavic 2 or phantom 5.

dji don't do spare parts for the general public and this part they don't do by themselves only a complete gimbal assembly

Thunderdrones sells them if you want one

I did the same as others took it off & glued

i simply ordered a replacement gimbal cover plastik piece from thunderdrone...
are the any other places which sell those things?

Attachments

• 23EA68CD-E691-4408-B971-B3C0A8897B9F.jpeg
    23EA68CD-E691-4408-B971-B3C0A8897B9F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
Hey hey, wanna thank everyone. I found the all the parts mentioned in my post at thunderdrone! big shout out to Haloweenhamster!! Super good info! Got a fast response from the company and they have all the little gimbal parts to build one from scratch. Thanks. Thunderdrone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98