DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smelly carrying case from eBay

geigy

Reactions
I ordered a nifty looking case from eBay, and it arrived a couple of days ago. It was pretty much as pictured, but it SMELLS to high heaven like dog pee. PHEW!!

I have requested a refund, but would still like to have a case like this one. Has anyone else ordered one that arrived minus the smell?
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
I bought a nice one and it smelled like chemicals. I let it air out for a week and it's good now

Thanks guys - mine had the potpourri packet in it too, which also smelled really bad, not at all like flowers. Originally the packet fell out on the floor, and I found it (by smell) the next day, LOL.

I am airing mine out on the porch and we'll see if it is OK

Attachments

• IMG_20170426_163124.jpg
    IMG_20170426_163124.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
My cases smelled also, febreze and fresh air outside
overnite and in a few days fine.

You can also pack it in a sealed bag with charcoal brickettes WITHOUT lighter fluid and it will get rid of the smell. I too got one from china with the formaldehyde infused bad cigarettes smell. The above technique took care of it.

Mine is spending day 3 on the outside porch, after being sprayed with several layers of upholstery cleaner. Still smells like burning wool / dog urine. Formaldehyde would be a relief, haha.

Reactions: Guker
Nice case but looks to big and heavy looking to hike in somewhere. I like the camo skin on your MP but I would never find it if it crashed lol. I was looking at the red flames..
That Mavic looks like it is ready for a special ops mission - excellent!

I ordered a nifty looking case from eBay, and it arrived a couple of days ago. It was pretty much as pictured, but it SMELLS to high heaven like dog pee. PHEW!!

I have requested a refund, but would still like to have a case like this one. Has anyone else ordered one that arrived minus the smell?
s-l500.jpg
Any chance you could give me the measurements of the bag/foam? Want to know if the foam would fit in the backpack I already have.

The dimensions of the case are about 29 x 21 x 11cm

Reactions: Guker and YngveN
I was also tempted to buy that exact one from Ebay/Amazon but I read one of the reviews on amazon and someone mentioned it had a bad smell.

In the end we ended up buying the Incase Compression Case from Apple which is great, it fits everything into it and its small enough that you can still fit in a back pack :) - Incase Compression Case for DJI Mavic Pro Drone

HL0G2.jpg

s-l500.jpg
Not dog urine, most likely rat urine from the shipping to the US.

Smelly bag here as well! I aired it for a couple of days (and also got rain on it, because I forgot it, lol; but took no damage from rain water) and now it is acceptable. Not completely odourless, but acceptable.

s-l500.jpg

I got the small separate cases, the smell goes away after some time (weeks, not days).. I also have this exact bigger case and that did not smell at all.

Do you think with a case like that I can keep the blades on? Or should I remove them?

Do you think with a case like that I can keep the blades on? Or should I remove them?

I have the same case from eBay, yes very smelly.
Odour is from the laser cutting process that cut the foam insert s.
Will settle down in a few weeks, otherwise a great case.
I have cut foam that fits my iPad mini into the lid cavity.
All fits really well, leave props on never had a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_