DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smooth focus?

Humanparody

Reactions
Wondering how you more experienced guys handle focusing on a shot that starts out close to a subject and slowly backs away, or vice versa.

It seems to me that roughly half of the shots I want to take usually involve a drastic but gradual need to refocus on subjects. Currently I have C1 set to auto center-focus and I just tap it every once in awhile but having the camera do it's "let's try every focus setting twice before we lock in" thing kind of detracts from the smooth look I'm going for.

I would imagine the answer is probably something along the lines of just using manual focus but I must be lacking the finger dexterity to control the bird and smoothly adjust the focus while making sure the shot is lined up.

Any tips or tricks?

Not sure if this kinda helps, but I'm sure I read using GO 4 app it has a setting to toggle on infinity focus doing away with the need to tap focus.

Sorry if I'm not addressing your question correctly

I also noticed a new AF-C mode in the recent iOS dji go update.

Not sure if this kinda helps, but I'm sure I read using GO 4 app it has a setting to toggle on infinity focus doing away with the need to tap focus.

Sorry if I'm not addressing your question correctly

I've heard the term "infinity focus" being used elsewhere, but I haven't come across it in my settings. At least I don't think I have.

I have the Go4 app. Granted I haven't used my phone in awhile, I've been mostly using my Shield. I wonder if there is a difference between the iOS and Android version?

Reactions: 1234Dave0987
I think the iOS app is ahead of the android version so some features aren't quite the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair