DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So how many batteries do you have for your Mav?

6, the Mavics are in the air for about 2hrs per day on average. 2 Mavics = 12 batteries.
2 Phantom 4, each with 8 batteries, plus a purpose built buoy survey drone, which has 8 but only a 10min life on each.
Means inverters in the work vehicles for charging and a small Honda generator for remote locations.

3 so far [emoji23], do the batteries lose power? And if so after how much use?

Eventually they will lose capacity depending on charge cycles and how theyve been treated. Over-discharging regularly and flying in Sport Mode with max throttle all of the time would probably lead to a short life.

3-for the way I fly its all I need and all my case holds. I bought my Mavic a la carte. 2 extra batteries and the advanced charger block. I bought a hard case that holds two extra batteries. Get the advanced charger block, it charges faster.

Surprised after 5 pages that nobody has mentioned the continuous flying trick? Buy 4 batteries .. when you've finished the first, put it on charge (preferably using the car adapter, but not essential), use battery 2, 3 and 4 and by the time you've discharged battery 4, battery 1 will be fully charged. Continuous 24/7 flying, if you want that.

Then the bottleneck is the RC. Simple, connect a to a powerbank via a USB-A to USB-A cable from the bottom of the RC (Amazon for like £3). Have one of them on charge and you're looking at 365//24 flying, if you chose to do so.

Limitless flight time.

Surprised after 5 pages that nobody has mentioned the continuous flying trick? Buy 4 batteries .. when you've finished the first, put it on charge (preferably using the car adapter, but not essential), use battery 2, 3 and 4 and by the time you've discharged battery 4, battery 1 will be fully charged. Continuous 24/7 flying, if you want that.

Then the bottleneck is the RC. Simple, connect a to a powerbank via a USB-A to USB-A cable from the bottom of the RC (Amazon for like £3). Have one of them on charge and you're looking at 365//24 flying, if you chose to do so.

Limitless flight time.

While infinite flight time isnt really my thing charging via usb-a to usb-a is a great idea. The micro usb port on my finicky in that I have to make sure the charging cable is at just the right angle and not moved during the charging process. I dont want to risk returning the RC for fear of receiving a refurb so the usb-a cable solves that! Thanks!

a perfect complement for your Mavic is... take with you 6 batteries to fly 120 precious minutes, 3 memory cards 64gb/98x to store everything you see in your road and a power bank to charge a radio control while you fly the drone

I buy my microSD cards by the battery. You figure using 4K and 1 battery, the result is less than 16GB. So all I need is one 16GB per battery.

5 and only because I plan on going hiking in Nepal later this year. I will only have access to sporadic and expensive opportunities to charge.

Otherwise I think I'd only have two...

I have three, and that seems plenty for my needs! Approximately 1 hour of flight time get's you lot's of footage:)

Limitless flight time.

Do this with my 5 on jungle trips !!!

0f44dcac290ace677fcec50c37149438.jpg

c014cfc42d4368e2814967d9cb3d4871.jpg

Works great, I use the blue charger that lets me charge 3 up

Then the bottleneck is the RC. Simple, connect a to a powerbank via a USB-A to USB-A cable from the bottom of the RC (Amazon for like £3).

Can you (or anyone) confirm that you've tried this and it actually works with no issues? I'm a bit reluctant to try charging through type-A USB as those ports normally aren't for that, so I just want to confirm this isn't just a suggestion based on a hunch but rather is confirmed not to damage anything.

Limitless flight time.

See post number 77 :p:D

Rob

Robbyg, I think BorisTheSpider wants to know if you can connect a powerbank via a USB-A to USB-A cable from the bottom of the RC. #77 doesn't talk about that.

Never tried it because I think it might damage the RC.

Rob

Reactions: Rbruz
Who says you can only take two?
TSA says it, there is limit of 2 batts but that is only if the batteries are over 100Wh. There isn't a limitation on batteries under 100Wh.

I copied/pasted it in my post from the TSA website. Correcting him.

Never tried it because I think it might damage the RC.

Rob
I don't think it will because I second the fact that I have never heard of a USB-A to USB-A cable being able to charge. Plus in instructions it says that port is not a charging port. It is only for when you are using a larger tablet or phone and the cord doesn't reach the side port, you can use the bottom port. I am not one that is going to try it either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929