DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So how many batteries do you have for your Mav?

3 batteries, mains inverter in my car plus multi charger. Did a two day film shoot recently and never ran out of battery

I don't think it will because I second the fact that I have never heard of a USB-A to USB-A cable being able to charge. Plus in instructions it says that port is not a charging port. It is only for when you are using a larger tablet or phone and the cord doesn't reach the side port, you can use the bottom port. I am not one that is going to try it either.

Luv the bottom port, connects to my ipad mini like a dream ;)

Reactions: Soundtekk
That's so weird. I go through maybe about 10-12% controller battery per flight and run each battery down to 20%.

Curious indeed - Are there any key sttings that burn controller battery faster like LIve Broadcast or something?

Curious indeed - Are there any key sttings that burn controller battery faster like LIve Broadcast or something?

Of course, just like a phone the more you ask the mav to do the more juice it will use, computing takes power. Run with sensors off you will save power and that list goes on, prob why fwm seams to last longer for peeps

Last edited:
I have 3 and will never misplace any of them. I bought the perfect case to carry everything in and it's packed in a precise manner each time we fly. The two spares even stay protected in the original foam boxes they came in.

Reactions: Rbruz
I had 3 with the fly-more combo, but I just got 2 more today. I wish I had 5 last week, during a road trip.

Whats the correct way to change the battery? Is it ok to just swap it out or best to shut off the rc and relink it?

Whats the correct way to change the battery? Is it ok to just swap it out or best to shut off the rc and relink it?

Turn only bird off, swap then back to flyin, no need to recalibrate launching same spot.

I've been waiting three months and my mavic pro came in this week. All I can say is this is the coolest thing ever!!
I've got three batteries[emoji3]

Im surprised how different the controllers battery usage is for different people.
I flew my 4 batteries from 100 to 30% each today. Controller was charged to 95% when I set off and after the session it was still at 58%. Im baffled at how it could be empty after just three batteries. :eek:

Apologies to all, having bought two different USB A-A cables I have to report that the bottom USB port doesn't appear to accept a charge. I am sorry to have misguided those on here. :oops:

It's no biggie though because you can charge via the left hand side microUSB and connect your phone via the bottom one. Same result (infinite flight time) just a little more cumbersome (charge cable in view).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3