DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So I Bought a Floureon Racer 250 to hold me over til Mav is fixed

gixxerbill

Reactions
As some of you know my mav crashed due to the stupid kill motor thing with the sticks. It happened while I was doing a downward funnel. A few people post slapped me saying I shouldn't be stunt flying a mav even though it has a sport mode.

So I decided I like stunt flying and fast flying so I did some research and bought a Floureon Racer 250. I thought I would use it to get my stunt flying itch out of me and then fly the Mav like an old man real mellow like and only use it to take pictures and vids.

So you stunt pilots did I do ok with buying the floureon 250? I got the quad, the RC, battery and charger, and a 7inch monitor for $249. Looks really cool from the back it looks like Han's Solo plane with blue long lights.

As some of you know my mav crashed due to the stupid kill motor thing with the sticks. It happened while I was doing a downward funnel. A few people post slapped me saying I shouldn't be stunt flying a mav even though it has a sport mode.

So I decided I like stunt flying and fast flying so I did some research and bought a Floureon Racer 250. I thought I would use it to get my stunt flying itch out of me and then fly the Mav like an old man real mellow like and only use it to take pictures and vids.

So you stunt pilots did I do ok with buying the floureon 250? I got the quad, the RC, battery and charger, and a 7inch monitor for $249. Looks really cool from the back it looks like Han's Solo plane with blue long lights.
Sweet, it looks pretty badass online, can you hook fpv cardboard up to it?
Regards,
-d.

No, I am interested in something less expensive than the Mavic that I can practice just flying with, how do you like it?
Regards,
-d
just ordered it. Should get it friday. I will report back after I fly it. You could also get a Hubson 501c it has gps and vid/camera capability and the controls aren't as radical as the Floureon will be.

just ordered it. Should get it friday. I will report back after I fly it. You could also get a Hubson 501c it has gps and vid/camera capability and the controls aren't as radical as the Floureon will be.
I can handle radical, I would like a fast FPS racer so I get the whole eye/hand/drone coordination down. Right now I look at the Mavic, look at the controller, look at the screen, make adjustments, look at the controller, repeat.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: AyeYo
I can handle radical, I would like a fast FPS racer so I get the whole eye/hand/drone coordination down. Right now I look at the Mavic, look at the controller, look at the screen, make adjustments, look at the controller, repeat.
Regards,
-d.
ok I gotch I didn't know your skill level. This thing I heard is fast and will do numberous flips. It should be a blast.

ok I gotch I didn't know your skill level. This thing I heard is fast and will do numberous flips. It should be a blast.
Well I doubt it is as high as yours, which is why I will wait for your review next week, I read that the camera is not the best sometimes but the pros out weight the cons. Thank you for being the guinea pig on this one Sir.
Regards,
-d.

- Buy goggles. FPV racing on a screen is miserable.

- Learn to tune the Naze32. It's not just plug in the battery and go like a DJI drone.

- Buy more batteries. Like most 250 racers it'll probably have a sub-5 minute flight time.

Reactions: Kilrah
Well I doubt it is as high as yours, which is why I will wait for your review next week, I read that the camera is not the best sometimes but the pros out weight the cons. Thank you for being the guinea pig on this one Sir.
Regards,
-d.
lol yea I'll jump on the grenade this time.

- Buy goggles. FPV racing on a screen is miserable.

- Learn to tune the Naze32. It's not just plug in the battery and go like a DJI drone.

- Buy more batteries. Like most 250 racers it'll probably have a sub-5 minute flight time.
how much are those batteries? only 5minutes I wonder why they don't use 4s batteries?

Some do use 4s, but you're talking a minute of flight time gain. You can probably grab 1300mah 3S off hobbyking.com for $12-20 depending on brand and C rating.

Some do use 4s, but you're talking a minute of flight time gain. You can probably grab 1300mah 3S off hobbyking.com for $12-20 depending on brand and C rating.
i think they are 1500 or 1.5 V does that make a big difference.

And dude you went over my head what is Naze22 mean?

You'll have a bunch of learning/reading to do. The Naze32 is the flight controller board used on it.

DJI aircraft are really plug and play. Racers are based on stuff that's much more open to tweaking - and as a result you must tweak it and for that learn how every component works. As everything comes in a package it might be configured to run out of the box, but since it's the Chinese and comes at a ridiculously low price it could also be just the components with all setup to be done by yourself.
No assistance either, so if you do something wrong you crash.

Both are quadcopter aircraft but the similarity pretty much stops there, beyond that it's a completely different world. You'll have fun if you hang on to it though.

Reactions: AyeYo
You'll have a bunch of learning/reading to do. The Naze32 is the flight controller board used on it.

DJI aircraft are really plug and play. Racers are based on stuff that's much more open to tweaking - and as a result you must tweak it and for that learn how every component works. As everything comes in a package it might be configured to run out of the box, but since it's the Chinese and comes at a ridiculously low price it could also be just the components with all setup to be done by yourself.
No assistance either, so if you do something wrong you crash.

Both are quadcopter aircraft but the similarity pretty much stops there, beyond that it's a completely different world. You'll have fun if you hang on to it though.
thanks man. Can't wait to try it. I am good friends with hobby shop here in town they will help me fix if I crash bad.

i think they are 1500 or 1.5 V does that make a big difference.

It does look like it comes with a 1500mah. You'll have to experiment with what gives the best flight time and flight characteristics. Bigger isn't necessarily better. Buy some 1300s, 1500s, and 1800s - see what yields best flight time without ruining handling. The flip side of the short time compared to a DJI drone is the significantly cheaper batteries. You're also going to need a charger.

Also keep in mind that not every 1500mah 3s is the same size. Measure the stock battery when it comes in so you know what size they need to be to fit in the battery area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov