DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So I emailed Turkish Airlines...

Ziggy01

Reactions
...regarding the bizarre response from their head office in Sydney claiming that Lithium batteries had to be in the checked luggage!

This flies in the face of all CASA and international policies as far as I'm aware, although you can check batteries under 100Wh with some airlines.

Anyway, I now have an official response in writing and on letterhead from Turkish Airlines which I will be travelling with.

Thanks for contacting us.

There must be some misunderstanding between you and our call centre., you can carry on board too.

Please read below instructions;

For portable electronic devices such as power tools, video cameras and laptops;

No more than 2 lithium ion batteries exceeding a watt hour rating of 100 wh not exceeding 160 wh may be carried.

Spare batteries must be individually protected so as to prevent short circuits

No more than two individually protected spare batteries per person may be carried.

Hope that suits your requirements.

Kind regards,

Your mavic batteries don't meet that description, being less than 100wh each.

As such, they don't attract a "no more than two" restriction either.

Your mavic batteries don't meet that description, being less than 100wh each.

As such, they don't attract a "no more than two" restriction either.
Indeed. 43Wh.

Still, I'll put one in my gf's pack just to be safe.

Yeah it can't hurt, at least you tried to correspond with them but as is commonly the case with this sort of thing, good luck finding someone who knows what the hell they're talking about...

...regarding the bizarre response from their head office in Sydney claiming that Lithium batteries had to be in the checked luggage!

This flies in the face of all CASA and international policies as far as I'm aware, although you can check batteries under 100Wh with some airlines.

Anyway, I now have an official response in writing and on letterhead from Turkish Airlines which I will be travelling with.

Thanks for contacting us.

There must be some misunderstanding between you and our call centre., you can carry on board too.

Please read below instructions;

For portable electronic devices such as power tools, video cameras and laptops;

No more than 2 lithium ion batteries exceeding a watt hour rating of 100 wh not exceeding 160 wh may be carried.

Spare batteries must be individually protected so as to prevent short circuits

No more than two individually protected spare batteries per person may be carried.

Hope that suits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Just returned to Ireland after travelling with Turkish Airlines from Dublin to Tel-Aviv Israel.
Prior to the flight I called them twice.Both times I got the same answer that the MAVIC and the batteries have to be in the hold luggage .
Will try and get a letter from them as well, as I felt very bad having the Mavic in the hold ...All well that ended well... ( btw...Some videos on my YouTube ariepo55)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929