DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So I won a Mavic.

Doecliff

Reactions
I am on another drone forum and the owner had a contest to build up participation and membership. He was giving away a free Mavic, all you had to do was say what you would do with it, post a pic and link the contest to face book. This forum was kind of dying and not many people participated. The drawing was on January 1st and by the 3rd someone had to remind him to draw and announce a winner. Well it turns out I won. So I start going back and forth with him and he's really vague and non chalant about getting me the mavic, first "its on back order", So I waited till they were shipping in one day from amazon and ask him again. Then its "well I will have to check with my supplier", then its "he doesn't have it and he will see about ordering it from someone else". I'm starting to think I'm not gonna get my mavic. In the mean time I start watching youtube videos on the mavic and am floored by what it can do in such a small package. I say screw it and buy one. Then he finally contacts me and says it will be here next week. it never shows up and he says the following week, I get a tracking number and for 2 days it doesn't even register as valid, Then it says it was picked up and I finally got it yesterday! Only took 4 months but the guy was true to his word and delivered the mavic. Now I have 2 and am able to be a little more daring because I have a backup. I was careful not to mention that I had bought one while waiting because I didn't want him to come up with another excuse. I would also like to add, I have been building drones for 5 years and screwing around with FPV systems, radios, cameras, gimbals, OSD systems etc, etc. I have learned drones inside and out and when I saw the mavic I threw all that stuff down and went to it almost exclusively. It has more features than any drone I could ever build for a fraction of the price. Its best feature is its portability, I love that I can now easily travel with it and set it up quickly.

Great stuff! Perhaps you can test to find answers to some of the more dangerous questions people ask about. :p

Good for you man! This is heaven. Maybe you can have them track each other, LOL.

that's great - perhaps you make the Mavics fight each other and then breed the winner!

p.s in reality, it's technically and biologically impossible.

lol love it! He begrudgingly gave up the bird, fly with no fear my friend! [emoji211]

"all you had to do was say what you would do with it, post a pic and link the contest to face book"

Oki doki... I finally understand for what this Facebook is made for... Win a mavic... But ok, I still don't wanna be on fb lol

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929