DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So is DJI Store refund policy 7 days?

shorttimer

Reactions
Is the refund policy if you bought a DJI drone still 7 days? I think I read something like that when I bought my 1st P3A through the store. I'm guessing if one buys it through Amazon through the DJI store then Amazon would have your back. Doubt many will get returned, especially with all the interest, but I was just curious. I will most likely order mine through Amazon as I'm certainly in no hurry and I've always had excellent experiences with Amazon.

Is the refund policy if you bought a DJI drone still 7 days? I think I read something like that when I bought my 1st P3A through the store. I'm guessing if one buys it through Amazon through the DJI store then Amazon would have your back. Doubt many will get returned, especially with all the interest, but I was just curious. I will most likely order mine through Amazon as I'm certainly in no hurry and I've always had excellent experiences with Amazon.

There are only disadvantages to buying direct from DJI. Heck, they don't even give you a discount. If you buy it from Bestbuy, the Apple Store, or Staples you get 14 days to return it with no questions asked. Returning anything to DJI is a hassle and just not worth it.

Reactions: Gadger
There are only disadvantages to buying direct from DJI. Heck, they don't even give you a discount. If you buy it from Bestbuy, the Apple Store, or Staples you get 14 days to return it with no questions asked. Returning anything to DJI is a hassle and just not worth it.
DJI does pay CA sales tax for you, but other than that, buying anywhere else gets you greater return privileges. DJI also charges your CC when the order is placed, rather than when it actually ships, so ordering from B&H which charges no sales tax, and only charges your CC when they actually ship is preferable, along with a 30 day return. That's what I did. :cool:

so ordering from B&H which charges no sales tax, and only charges your CC when they actually ship is preferable, along with a 30 day return.
You can get the same benefits when buying from Amazon -- if Amazon is the shipper.

Not quite. Amazon will always charge you sales tax, unless you have no state sales tax.
Not quite. You can buy Mavics via Amazon Prime that are sold by other sellers tax-free and shipped by Amazon.

Amazon only charges sales tax if they have a distribution center in your state. Maryland Amazon orders had no sales tax until last year when they opened a DC in Baltimore. :(
We have a distribution center here in CO so now Amazon has started charging sales tax. However I have ordered a number f things through 3rd party sellers on Amazon that I should have been taxed for and I never was. Go figure.

However I have ordered a number f things through 3rd party sellers on Amazon that I should have been taxed for and I never was.
You should only be taxed if those sellers have a business in your state.

Not quite. You can buy Mavics via Amazon Prime that are sold by other sellers tax-free and shipped by Amazon.
True. However, those sellers are under no obligation to offer a 30 day return policy. They are allowed to set their own return terms. Only items sold directly by Amazon are guaranteed a 30 day return.

Amazon only charges sales tax if they have a distribution center in your state. Maryland Amazon orders had no sales tax until last year when they opened a DC in Baltimore. :(
Same with CA, but I believe Amazon now has distribution centers in every state, as part of an agreement they made with each state, to start charging state sales tax on all sales made by Amazon.

You should only be taxed if those sellers have a business in your state.
True. Unfortunately, it often isn't apparent that they have a "business presence" in your state, until you check out, and that they will be charging sales tax, just like Amazon. Most Amazon 3rd party resellers conceal their location.

B&H has an amazing return policy. I wish I ordered from them but now it's too late
Yes, I have been buying high end camera equipment and electronics from them for the last 10 years, and have never had a problem. Their policy of not charging your CC until they ship on hard to get pre-order items is exemplary. No sales tax means they are now better than Amazon, which started charging sales tax last year.

Reactions: Ryan Reynoso
True. However, those sellers are under no obligation to offer a 30 day return policy. They are allowed to set their own return terms. Only items sold directly by Amazon are guaranteed a 30 day return.
The 30-day return policy applies to products shipped by Amazon (the seller does not matter) or any products that are listed as Amazon Prime and shipped directly by the seller.

Last edited:
The 30-day return policy applies to products shipped by Amazon (the seller does not matter) or any products that are listed as Amazon Prime and shipped directly by the seller.
While that is not my understanding, that would be great. Unless something has recently changed, the last time I read the fine print, the return policy for any third party Amazon sellers is entirely in their discretion. However, if they do not state a different return policy from Amazon, then it remains the same as Amazon, but they are under no obligation to do so, just because they sell on Amazon. Can you point me to the fine print that supports your interpretation?

I bought from Dji directly . I don't plan on returning
Who does? However, with the incredible volume of units being produced and rushed out the door (even after QA), there are bound to be some customers that will need to return their quads. Just a heads up, If you order from Amazon, their holiday shipping/return policy takes effect for items shipped from 11/1/16, allowing returns up to 1/31/17.

First, granted, I buy a lot from Amazon as I live 30 miles from town. I have never, ever had them refuse to take any item back. I have returned items as old as 9 months and many about 6 months old. They have always taken them back, sometimes they have even overnighted me a replacement. And they always give me a return label and schedule UPS to pick it up so I don't have to take it to town to UPS. Rarely do I return anything but when I ask to do so they have never once refused my request. And yes, when all the Mavic dust settles Amazon is where I plan to buy my Mavic from.

It was on the P3 forum that a guy crashed his he bought from Amazon. Totaled it and Amazon said just to send back the pieces and he would get a refund. Amazon assured him he would get a refund and if the seller had an issue Amazon covered it with their A-Z happy camper warranty. So he bought another right away and sure enough when Amazon got the parts from the totaled P3 they reimbursed the buyer. Another thing is now Paypal has that 180 day return policy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr