DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So let me see if I get this right.

Vin829

Reactions
Coming from a GoPro karma (what a joke) if I'm flying this thing and it just falls out of the sky. No impact no issues. Just decides to take off and fall out of the sky and I can not retrieve it. Is that a warranty issue? How would I go about getting another one? Sorry. But being the Karma was my first drone I have gotten a little gun shy

So far I havent heard of this happening (not that it hasn't). But, I would assume DJI would take this on, as a case by cas basis. They have the ability to check some files of your mavic, i believe, even if its gone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not 100% sure.

It depends why it crashed. Mavics just don't fall out of the sky due to no issues. If the crash was caused by a part that is under warranty, then DJI will most likely cover it under warranty. They will review the internal flight log to try to determine what happened and decide based on what the log shows.

Like I said. Coming from a GoPro Karma that's all I know. LOL

Well, now you know ;)

Reactions: Romi
Coming from a GoPro karma (what a joke) if I'm flying this thing and it just falls out of the sky. No impact no issues. Just decides to take off and fall out of the sky and I can not retrieve it. Is that a warranty issue? How would I go about getting another one? Sorry. But being the Karma was my first drone I have gotten a little gun shy
Did your Karma fall out of the sky? That must have been a heart stopping moment... Still I'm sure the free GoPro 5 would have helped you to get over it. I was very anxious when I started 8 months ago, now with maybe 100 hours on my Phantom 3 Pro and Mavic, I'm much less nervous, (but certainly not complacent, that path leads to disaster). If it just falls out of the sky, and you've done nothing wrong (pre-flight checklist etc) and you can find the wreckage then I'm sure there would not be a problem..

If it just falls out of the sky, and you've done nothing wrong (pre-flight checklist etc)
FWIW, other than when props fly off mid-flight, this scenario is not very common with DJI drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna