DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So Now That Mavic is In Stock - Wait? Price Drops to Come?

Gabe

Reactions
I'm going to hold out for the Mavic 2.

I'm also hoping for the drone market to tank so we can start seeing more drones in the sub $799 range.

I'm going to hold out for the Mavic 2.

I'm also hoping for the drone market to tank so we can start seeing more drones in the sub $799 range.

Mavic 2? Any news anywhere? Matrice was their new release for March. I havent seen anything on a new or updated Mav.

And dont hold your breath waiting for the drone market to tank. They all said the P3 market was going to tank after the Mav came out. Well, guess what? It never did. People are still buying new P3P's for $699 and P4's for $899. I dont see any tanking there. And the used drone market couldnt be better for sellers.

How do I know? I have bought sold and repaired over 250 drones (all DJI) in the past year and I can still sell a USED P3S for $300, used P3A for $400 and used P3P for $500 very easily.

I remember people saying they were holding out for the Inspire 2. For those who truly waited, it was a 2+ year wait and at a price point they weren't willing to pay.

Lol.. ok.

That should get you a P3p

waiting for mavic 2, heh
*Milhouse checking his watch*

People are funny. the latest state of the art, consumer product, pushing all sorts of boundaries
for size, performance, etc comes out, and they want a better one, soon!

all i know is we only get so many heart beats, If we wait for the price to drop we could get awful close to the beat end.
Thats why i bought mine early and i have been loving every minute!! Oh when the new one comes out ill get that also and ill be spilling black pixels on your screen till the Beat End
Mike

DJI products don't drop that drastically in price until they are starting to phase on production. Just now the Phantom 3's are dropping in price pretty good. There is no way the Mavic will drop sooner than later.

Reactions: Advexure
DJI is in the rare position of being to control product price and release timing without worrying about what the competition is doing, because there isn't any real competition. Even Apple isn't in this position; there are many phones just as good as, and a much better value than, their product. Now that Spark is announced, they'll probably fiddle with pricing a little bit to maximize profit across the entire product line, but they could decide not to release a Mavic 2 this year and it wouldn't hurt them at all. They could just keep it in the labs, tweaking it to perfection and adding features, but hold off release until the market starts to saturate, customers slow buying and demand more features or value, or a real competitor pops up suddenly.

I think until DJI decides to release a wildly more-profitable product of its own, or a real competitor appears, they'll enjoy stable product pricing. The market has a long way to go before it's saturated; we're on a standard marketing curve very similar to smartphones, but nearer the left side than the downslope the phones are in.

Now that Spark is announced, they'll probably fiddle with pricing a little bit to maximize profit across the entire product line, but they could decide not to release a Mavic 2 this year and it wouldn't hurt them at all.

I agree. Im still finding it strange that neither DJI nor any other distributor has started selling ANY refurnished Mavics on their sites. The Mav has been out for 7 months, but still no refurbs to save people a little bit of money. I think they are still short on supply, even though most retailers and online sellers have them in stock.

I agree. Im still finding it strange that neither DJI nor any other distributor has started selling ANY refurnished Mavics on their sites. The Mav has been out for 7 months, but still no refurbs to save people a little bit of money. I think they are still short on supply, even though most retailers and online sellers have them in stock.

Refurbs on Amazon but not much discount

Costco has it now for 989 with prop guards and backback

1. He said hope. Like I hope I win the lottery. :)

2. Perhaps his definition of "tank" differs from yours. He did say more drones in the $799 price point, which I think is very reasonable. I can see the Mavic Pro being $799 during Black Friday 2017.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+