DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So when is the new app update coming?

markyodo

Reactions
Heading out on a week long motorcycle trip tomorrow and was hoping the app update would show up before I leave tomorrow afternoon so I don't have to deal with it when I am setting up for my first flight on the road.
Any one know the scoop on when it will be pushed?
Thanks.

Reactions: Vacation guy
Heading out on a week long motorcycle trip tomorrow and was hoping the app update would show up before I leave tomorrow afternoon so I don't have to deal with it when I am setting up for my first flight on the road.
Thanks.
Oh man...Mavic Pro + Motorcycle road trip just sounds truly epic! I hope you get some ridiculous footage!

Don't worry about the update. Just stick with the version you are using now. You know it works so the last thing you want to find out is if something isn't quite right in a fresh download just as you set out for a trip. Just ignore any requests to update while you're away.
If you want to update, wait until you arrive back home when you'll have time to sort any anomalies out.

Apprehensively awaiting doomsday. Boo [emoji19]

Last edited:
Thanks.
I am already being prompted to update.

I am already being prompted to update.
You got me all excited there for a second.

If you are really getting an update prompt (and not the activation notice everyone else see atm), then I suspect it is simply because you do not have the current 0.700 firmware installed.

You got me all excited there for a second.

If you are really getting an update prompt (and not the activation notice everyone else see atm), then I suspect it is simply because you do not have the current 0.700 firmware installed.

The firmware prompt will be the only prompt you see as long as it has not been updated. Once it is current, the other prompts will follow if there is any.

Btw, I predict tuesday will be update day.

If the update should appear before tuesday, I would suggest not installing it. Otherwise you might have a not so good holiday this coming monday if your aircraft flies away before hand.

The firmware prompt will be the only prompt you see as long as it has not been updated. Once it is current, the other prompts will follow if there is any.
Correct

Reactions: james brooke
The delay is probably something to do with "WTF have we done... we didn't expect this backlash... quick, where's our lawyers, maybe what we are proposing is not legal afterall?!..."

Reactions: Spanish Flyer
Not a FW prompt, Go4 prompt.
I ended up downloading Litchi and will not fire up Go4 unless internet is disconnected.
No way I am buying into any more DJI shenanigans!

BTW, Litchi works much better on my iPad mini4 than any Android device I ever owned.
I think Litchi sales are about to explode.

Well, its here...

b32c80db2ddbf160536296e75b7b4381.jpg

Reactions: Blades
I turned off updates for DJI app, got notification that the new update is here. Among the changes, is the addition of Spark. Which means I'll have no choice but to upgrade :/ Clever.

Reactions: james brooke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag