So, who cancelled their Mavic Order...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kara, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Kara

Kara New Member

How many of you cancelled your Mavic order and got a Phantom 4, instead, so you wouldn't have to wait?

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to our newest forum Kara and not I :)

3. Kara

Kara New Member

Good, I started seeing messages popping up in forums where people said that's what they're doing. I personally can wait and can't wait to fly one again.

4. Ikopta

Ikopta Member

No, mine arrived Monday. Unboxed it yesterday. Why would anyone want to cancel, can understand if you have to, but this is worth the wait..

5. shickey

shickey Member

I seriously thought about picking one up on craigslist instead of waiting. I like the new tech, and I "like" the portability, but I don't travel all that much, so it was a nice to have. Having said all that, I am still waiting

6. BD0G

BD0G Well-Known Member

Absolutely still waiting! Nothing currently available in form factor or price point can compete with the Mavic Pro. Thats a big part of the lack of supply and alleged enormous demand.

Just like the signs that we sometimes see " You cannot rush perfection" . I dont really think the Mavic Pro is perfect per se, but you get my drift.

Ikopta likes this.
  7. PropPilot

PropPilot Well-Known Member

In the end, I would be surprised if anyone did. With the drones being so different in fit, form and function that you would buy the Phantom 4 (or any other) and pine that you gave up your spot in line. The Mavic changes the game in technology, simplicity and transportability and there is nothing else like it. The wait will be worth it as the bugs are being ironed out by the early recipients !

8. Ikopta

Ikopta Member

I've seen at least 8 cancel their orders on our FB page. Maybe down to (non approved) dealers over promising, then changing the date etc, or maybe financially, the C.Card bill has come in, and being so close to Christmas, the financial hit is hurting a bit. Maybe not fully their choice to cancel.