DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solution to tight fitting Mavic soft carrying case

TOMinAZ

Reactions
When I first tried stuffing the Mavic and the controller into its carrying case, I was worried about bending or breaking a prop, its a very tight fit. My solution was to place the drone in a gallon size plastic zip lock storage bag and the controller in a half gallon size plastic zip lock bag. Now both drone and controller slip in and out easily, no blade damage possible and they are totally waterproof. I also fashioned a small piece of wood with 2 holes to place over the controllers control sticks, now they stay in their upright position while stuffed into the carrying case.

I need to send you a 3 D printed RC Controller Stick protector! Wood? Might work for Fred Flintstone!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
That Flinstone graphic is a trip! haha! Ya wood maybe plastic stick protectors.. as for the zip lock bag I wouldn't go that route because yes it is waterproof but it holds water in so if there's a poked hole and you get water in it the moisture will accumulate faster. I had a time where I was on a boat with my iPhone 6 and put it in a ziplock and set it down and went back to check my messages and the phone was fried from the moisture build up and the tiny pin prick hole in the bag. I'd suggest a simple Tenba Wrap 16" I believe is what I purchased for the mavic.

Would taking out the partition make it easier to fit everything in the bag? I imagine it's useful for just the batteries, controller and drone vs. toting all of the cables and power supply.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Would taking out the partition make it easier to fit everything in the bag? I imagine it's useful for just the batteries, controller and drone vs. toting all of the cables and power supply.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The drone would then contact the controller directly and when bumping around in the bag it might damage either one or at the least "abrade" them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242