DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solved: remote viewing screen with iOS

Lapeer20m

Reactions
I made a quick and dirty video about my successful test mirroring the iPad onto a larger remote viewing screen.

Now that I've proven the concept, I can't wait to build all the components into a hard case.

Reactions: Stelaruk
Great idea. If your wireless card in your laptop supports Hosted Networking (most do from the last few years), you can create a wireless hot spot with your laptop and connect your ipad/iphone directly to the laptop with WiFi, then use Lonely Screen. I just tested this with an old laptop and it seems to work great.
LonelyScreen.jpg
Instruction on how to create the hot spot in windows 10 are here - How to turn your Windows 10 PC into a wireless hotspot
It only takes a few minutes...

Great idea. If your wireless card in your laptop supports Hosted Networking (most do from the last few years), you can create a wireless hot spot with your laptop and connect your ipad/iphone directly to the laptop with WiFi, then use Lonely Screen. I just tested this with an old laptop and it seems to work great.
View attachment 14415
Instruction on how to create the hot spot in windows 10 are here - How to turn your Windows 10 PC into a wireless hotspot
It only takes a few minutes...

Thanks for this!

Screen mirroring by wifi will cause interference when flying which will dramatically reduce your range i.ve tried it

Screen mirroring by wifi will cause interference when flying which will dramatically reduce your range i.ve tried it

I find it interesting that you had this experience. I have been testing for the past several days and have not seen any obvious degradation in signal strength. I've flown up to 2,500 feet away with no loss of signal. I tested in regular and with HD mode. It would require testing way outside of VLOS to loose signal.

Since my primary mission with mirrored screen is to fly while at work, VLOS is a requirement along with compliance with the rest of part 107.

I also played with YouTube live today for the first time. Even with a 4g connection the quality was surprisingly good.

I still think mirroring screen to Apple TV is the simplest most elegant and reliable mobile solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929