DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some questions

laden

Reactions
I was out flying a couple of batteries with my mavic in sunshine and really nice weather today, but the weather can change really fast here where I live. So when I was on my way back, about 700 meters away from home it started to rain pretty bad, and then in about 30secs it turn in to what looks like a fukin snowstorm all of asudden.

So the last 300-500meeters back was pretty bad... It didnt look too wet when I got it back, and it seemed to be flying normally when I came in to land. But when I look at the tape it looks just horible. so much rain and snow I had to pilot only from the map, couldnt see anything on the camera.

So I have packed the entire drone in paper and put it to dry in a warm sunfilled room (was sun and nice drone weather again 5min after I got it back).

And what I am kinda looking to figure out is, how can I check if it took any damage from the rain when its all dried upp? like if all the sensors and stuff survived.

Any one have experiences like this with the mavic? how did that go?

Really appreciate any help! :)

Seems like you probably got away with it, but if you can seal it in an airtight container with a whole load of dry rice or silica to help suck any remaining moisture out for a couple of days it wouldn't hurt.

If it were me I'd also make the next flight real conservative, keep it in close in an area where if something goes wrong you've a good chance of landing safely without incident, then review the video and probably also the DAT log to see if everything seems normal.

Seems like you probably got away with it, but if you can seal it in an airtight container with a whole load of dry rice or silica to help suck any remaining moisture out for a couple of days it wouldn't hurt.

If it were me I'd also make the next flight real conservative, keep it in close in an area where if something goes wrong you've a good chance of landing safely without incident, then review the video and probably also the DAT log to see if everything seems normal.

Thanks for the reply! got some rice, so will drown it in that aswell.
Will let it dry for atleast 2 days before I check it out.

lookin at a youtube video on how to check the logs now, Never done that before. can I see like some kind of status on all the components and how they are doing, if they are working normally and stuff like that from the log files?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3