DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Somewhere in The Netherlands

HerSens90

Reactions
Hee all,

Yesterday i've done some flying around in my Hometown. I also installed Davinci Resolve and this is my very first attempt of editing! No color grading or using LUT's.

Please let me know what you guys think!

Settings:
D-Cinelike
+1-0-0
Polar Pro Cinema Shutter ND8

Thank You!

Hey man, cool gedaan!
Loving the shots under the tree branches and directly overhead!

I'm in Dordrecht, only have my Mavic for a couple of weeks now.
I use the "None" setting, combined with +1-0-0 as well, and then a PolarPro CP filter. Do you have experience with the latter?
Anyway, great movie!

Cheers Joost

Reactions: HerSens90
Hee Joost,

Cool another Dutch guy...I also have it for a month now but the weather isn' t that good these days so haven't flew that much. Im still figuring out what is the best setting for me and im not very satisfied with the quality of some shots. I have seen better.
Explain latter? Im a noob in this world.

Thanks for liking my video!

Reactions: JoostGT3
Mooie beelden, erg goed voor een eerste video! Also a new dutch mavic owner. I shot in D-cinelike -1,0,0 last weeks but this week I tried the d-log -1,0,0 at sunset, was pretty satisfied but still trying new settings. And I think I got some sharpness/lens issues so I'm going to contact DJI or retailer when I'm back from vacation.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Ha! Slowly but surely we're taking over the world! :)
"do you have experience with the latter" (heb je ervaring met de laatstgenoemde = de circular polarizing filter)
I found that it yields some great colors and sharpness, especially when filming around water.

JanWillem, have a test with +1 -0 -0. There are a lot of videos floating around on youtube of people who are recommending to set the sharpening to -1 (like you did), but for others it yields blotchy, bad images (look for threads about waterpainting). Same for me. Then there is this one guy who found out that using 0 or -1 for sharpening invokes the in-camera noise reduction, something which is better left to post-processing... So, before contacting DJI, I suggest setting sharpening to +1, the results can be quite dramatic (in a positive way!)

PS, tell me about the weather! :mad: I have been eyeing all the wind and weather apps ever since I got my mavic, but it's been pretty much 4bft or more for the entire month! Really had to pick my moments!
If you're interested, have a look at my youtube channel (LINK), where I put up the little movies that I made so far and which I plan on updating regularly.

Ha! Slowly but surely we're taking over the world! :)
"do you have experience with the latter" (heb je ervaring met de laatstgenoemde = de circular polarizing filter)
I found that it yields some great colors and sharpness, especially when filming around water.

JanWillem, have a test with +1 -0 -0. There are a lot of videos floating around on youtube of people who are recommending to set the sharpening to -1 (like you did), but for others it yields blotchy, bad images (look for threads about waterpainting). Same for me. Then there is this one guy who found out that using 0 or -1 for sharpening invokes the in-camera noise reduction, something which is better left to post-processing... So, before contacting DJI, I suggest setting sharpening to +1, the results can be quite dramatic (in a positive way!)

Sorry, I meant I'm using D-log +1,0,0 at the moment. Saw the YouTube video's and the difference is pretty different. Espacially when shooting high detail footage.
Before I went on holiday I just got the PolarPro Shutter Filters so tested them over here in Denmark. The vivid collection was sold out and I wanted to get some filters for the cinematic effect in my footage. Actually I'm reading the CP isn't that useful on drones because of the way they work and a drone is most of the time changing angles of shooting. So I don't think I will buy them soon.

PS, tell me about the weather! :mad: I have been eyeing all the wind and weather apps ever since I got my mavic, but it's been pretty much 4bft or more for the entire month! Really had to pick my moments!
If you're interested, have a look at my youtube channel (LINK), where I put up the little movies that I made so far and which I plan on updating regularly.

Over here in Denmark it was quite windy the first few days, couldn't wait to fly so got the mavic in the air. (Windkracht 4/5) It gave me some warnings to fly with caution because of high wind velocity but it did a pretty good job at shooting stable footage. Although I could see it had to put in some effort to fly back to me against te winddirection. But didn't even have to use sportmode so no problem at all. :)

JoostGT3, i don't have the CP-Filter so i don't have any experience with it, but i can recommend using a filter for sure! I try to test the other filters i have but they are for more sunny weather....still waiting on that :D

How is it with you guys about finding the best settings? While the drone is in the air and im trying to figure out what is the best setting, it's really hard to see on my iPhone. It looks good on the phone but when i open the video's on my laptop the quality is not that good.Lots of blurry and soft spots.

And D-Log/D-Cinelike is for color grading and using Lut's right? I don't have any experience with that either

JoostGT3, i don't have the CP-Filter so i don't have any experience with it, but i can recommend using a filter for sure! I try to test the other filters i have but they are for more sunny weather....still waiting on that :D

How is it with you guys about finding the best settings? While the drone is in the air and im trying to figure out what is the best setting, it's really hard to see on my iPhone. It looks good on the phone but when i open the video's on my laptop the quality is not that good.Lots of blurry and soft spots.

And D-Log/D-Cinelike is for color grading and using Lut's right? I don't have any experience with that either

On my HTC One M8 I'm already happy when the app doesn't crash and I can fly without app problems. So testing new settings is just trying out a lot of things and then get it on my laptop to see what's best.
D-Log/D-Cinelike are a bit more flat colorprofiles which indeed are better for color grading or luts. Cinelike is a bit more saturated. I had no experience with color grading and luts before getting the mavic, but watched a lot of video's online and I'am still trying to create a style I like most. I'm editing with Premiere Pro, in the latest version color grading options are a bit better then before.

Do we need to make a sub-group with Mavic owners from Holland? I'm Leon from Haarlem. I made a Facebook page for Dutch Mavic Pilots. Please join to make it a succes. It's called:

Mavic piloten Nederland

Reactions: HerSens90
Hi, in the second half of June I'll be visiting Amsterdam, I was guessing if this website is updated:
Drone no-fly zones | ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu
If it's updated, it looks like I'll have to go to Zandvoort, Zaandam or south of Amsterdam in order to take some shoots.
BTW some suggestions for a farmland area where they grow tulips? Or are they almost ubiquitous in Holland farmland?
Thanks in advance

Do we need to make a sub-group with Mavic owners from Holland? I'm Leon from Haarlem. I made a Facebook page for Dutch Mavic Pilots. Please join to make it a succes. It's called:

Mavic piloten Nederland
Ha Leon, I liked the page, would be nice if we can create a nice Dutch Mavic community!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60