DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Son's Mavic arrive before mine

cobra46

Reactions
So I have had my Mavic on order with Amazon since mid December. Meanwhile, I see the pipeline start to open up with other sellers. I thought I was stuck with Amazon since I paid primarily by gift card. Turns out you can order them straight from DJI through Amazon and still use gift cards.

My son knew i had it on order but never really expressed an interest in it until he flew one at CES last week. He asked me about it and I told him about the few places that have been getting a few.

Turns out his buddy works at Best Buy. My son ordered it using his friends employee discount and received it on Friday.

Today he got it all set up and we flew it for two batteries worth. I was stoked he gave me a bit of stick time. It was incredibly easy to fly and the only experience we had is a couple hours with small Hubsan's. We were both a bit nervous since they are $1000.

We were both quite impressed with the video and gimbal performance even though he had all the settings on default still.

Reactions: CarlosLeq
Glad your enjoying it, you may want to cancel your Amazon order and order directly if you can as some people have said that Amazon is not receiving any orders until March unless you bought from DJI through Amazon. It will likely be faster for you to purchase directly or through one of the other dealers that already have stock.

Glad your enjoying it, you may want to cancel your Amazon order and order directly if you can as some people have said that Amazon is not receiving any orders until March unless you bought from DJI through Amazon. It will likely be faster for you to purchase directly or through one of the other dealers that already have stock.

Just tonight I did cancel my Amazon order and reordered it on Amazon but through he DJI store. They are quoting a couple week delivery and don't charge sales tax which was a win win change.

I had $725 worth of Amazon gift cards so I was forced to remain in their world.

Sweet, I bet it will be less than the quoted 2 weeks going that route. DJI seems to be catching up quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS