DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon to be pilot from Portland Oregon

Christopher G. Hughes

Reactions
Got the Mavic on order (the fly more bundle.) I'm a photographer and graphic artist so the device will be primarily a mobile camera platform. I've been playing with mini copters and various quads for years. Time to graduate to bigger hardware that I can actually use in my work.

Just got my FAA drone pilot registration finished. Now I wait with y'all for the new bird!

Reactions: Smallz and dirkclod
Well welcome to the wait and our newest forum Chris . :)

Welcome and remember that the registration number registers the pilot and not the aircraft. So this registration number can and should be added to all sUAS in your possession.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome and remember that the registration number registers the pilot and not the aircraft. So this registration number can and should be added to all sUAS in your possession.

Yep. I'm on top of that. Tons of research done already and more in progress. The longer I have to wait for it the more prepared I plan to be.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Is putting a copy of it in the battery compartment---complaint with the rules...

Got the Mavic on order (the fly more bundle.) I'm a photographer and graphic artist so the device will be primarily a mobile camera platform. I've been playing with mini copters and various quads for years. Time to graduate to bigger hardware that I can actually use in my work.

Just got my FAA drone pilot registration finished. Now I wait with y'all for the new bird!
Have had mine for a week or so--only one flight so far---Troutdale, Oregon

Is putting a copy of it in the battery compartment---complaint with the rules...
It is if you're flying as a hobbyist.

I'm talking about the registration #. Does it have to be on the outside of the craft.
Q38. How do I mark my unmanned aircraft with the unique registration number?

A. You may use any method to affix the number, such as permanent marker, label, engraving, or other means, as long as the number is readily accessible and maintained in a condition that is readable and legible upon close visual inspection. If your unmanned aircraft has an easily accessible battery compartment you may affix the number in that compartment.

Q38. How do I mark my unmanned aircraft with the unique registration number?

A. You may use any method to affix the number, such as permanent marker, label, engraving, or other means, as long as the number is readily accessible and maintained in a condition that is readable and legible upon close visual inspection. If your unmanned aircraft has an easily accessible battery compartment you may affix the number in that compartment.
Thanks for the info---didn't really wont to mark up the drone. curious as to how hot the battery gets after a long flight---don't need a fire..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots