DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark activetrack follow without phone or remote

Ridermarra

Reactions
Can somebody who has had hands on the spark confirm if, activetrack follow can be activated without using phone or remote and that it actually has no limitation (eg. mavic in wifi stopping after 80m from home point)?

Thanks.

Pretty sure you need at least your phone since gesture control is only for pics.

Really hope that it does not have the stupid home point limitation.

Also wonder what the maximum speed is for active track?

Pretty sure you need at least your phone since gesture control is only for pics.

Really hope that it does not have the stupid home point limitation.

Also wonder what the maximum speed is for active track?

Do you have a mavic??
Try the active track with wifi mode. It will answer both your questions above.

Yes I have a Mavic but do not understand how that answers my questions?

Reactions: Kilrah
Yes I have a Mavic but do not understand how that answers my questions?
Putting the mavic into wifi mode will mimic the spark because you will now use your phone instead of your controllers to fly.
You can then test out the home point and max speed for active track.

Putting the mavic into wifi mode will mimic the spark because you will now use your phone instead of your controllers to fly.
You can then test out the home point and max speed for active track.
Thanks for your interpretation, we well know how the Mavic works in wifi mode and activetrack. This doesn't mean that the spark which has been conceived to work without a controller will have the same behavior. I'll wait somebody to have it at home and give it a go.

Based on the videos I've seen... you can hand launch the Spark (no phone, tablet, controller) by double tapping the button the battery and holding it in the palm of your hand.

From there (no phone, tablet, controller) you can raise both of your arms to activate active track and it will flash to let you know that it has you in target. You can then make a hand gesture to have it snap your picture.

You can also hold up the palm of your hand to control it.

So I think the answer to the original question is... YES! You can launch the Spark, control it with your hands, and have it initiate active track all without a controller of any sort.

Based on the videos I've seen... you can hand launch the Spark (no phone, tablet, controller) by double tapping the button the battery and holding it in the palm of your hand.

From there (no phone, tablet, controller) you can raise both of your arms to activate active track and it will flash to let you know that it has you in target. You can then make a hand gesture to have it snap your picture.

You can also hold up the palm of your hand to control it.

So I think the answer to the original question is... YES! You can launch the Spark, control it with your hands, and have it initiate active track all without a controller of any sort.

I think that too. Problem is that you can not start recording video I think...

Reactions: Ridermarra
I think that too. Problem is that you can not start recording video I think...
Yea. Good point. Not sure if that's possible with only hand gestures or not. Although I'm certain you can simply whip our your cell phone and make it happen pretty easily.

Maybe they will add a gesture to initiate a video recording.

Reactions: Ridermarra
I've been looking for a nice device for filming my kids while in the yard or at the park. I do this to pull together nice little family montage type videos - just FYI.

So far I think the best thing for that is the DJI Osmo Mobile. I'll stick with the drone for getting bigger landscape type of shots. Maybe when the kids are older (they are 4, 3, and 1 at the moment) something like the spark would be cool for family photos while traveling but for now it just isn't what I need.

You don't want it to record video on gesture. What's gonna happen when you tell the kids to wave at the camera??.. some poor guy standing behind it is going to lose some eyebrows..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus