DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed Record - Will Never Happen Again, I Hope!!!

HelloNasty1

Reactions
This speed is the result of a violent crash. Was traveling around 42mph an clipped an upper tree branch (rough 125ft up).
On my flight data speed slows to around 19mph after initial impact. Then on the fall down I am guessing it hit a branch that violently whiplashed it creating the high speed of 84.7mph! Then dropped quickly back down in speed before a moment later hitting the ground.
My Mavic never had a chance, LOL.
0bf8bd8557cabeabe429121ab5cbba3d.jpg

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

Aww, man, that hurts! Did you lose the Mavic? I mean, was it totally trashed?

So sorry for your luck, but cheers to you for taking responsibility for the crash as you did. Some folks would be claiming mechanical or system failures for such a loss.

I sure hope you had insurance on the drone or at least DJI's care package to help you out here. If not and the Mavic is dead, just post when and where the funeral is and I'll try my best to be there in solidarity. Us Mavic flyers have got to stick together during such terrible times!!

Aww, man, that hurts! Did you lose the Mavic? I mean, was it totally trashed?

So sorry for your luck, but cheers to you for taking responsibility for the crash as you did. Some folks would be claiming mechanical or system failures for such a loss.

I sure hope you had insurance on the drone or at least DJI's care package to help you out here. If not and the Mavic is dead, just post when and where the funeral is and I'll try my best to be there in solidarity. Us Mavic flyers have got to stick together during such terrible times!!

Ohhhh YES, you can read all about the fun times here on my claim....thanks for kind words!
Asurion - Putting It To Use - Pics & Follow Up

Reactions: CC Rider
My pleasure. I think I'll give your claim a read through just in case one day I go down the same road you have already travelled on. Best of luck with the repairs and I hope DJI gives you quick turnaround time on your Mav. Hope you're up and zooming around again soon.

BTW, I totally get where you are coming from with the Sport Mode speed flying, but I think you have more guts to push the envelope than I do at this point in time. That little sucker can certainly fly far and fast and be out of sight in no time. Perhaps you can post some super-speed video here once you get your MP back. I'd enjoy seeing that.

My pleasure. I think I'll give your claim a read through just in case one day I go down the same road you have already travelled on. Best of luck with the repairs and I hope DJI gives you quick turnaround time on your Mav. Hope you're up and zooming around again soon.

BTW, I totally get where you are coming from with the Sport Mode speed flying, but I think you have more guts to push the envelope than I do at this point in time. That little sucker can certainly fly far and fast and be out of sight in no time. Perhaps you can post some super-speed video here once you get your MP back. I'd enjoy seeing that.

It was Asurion after a battle they reimbursed me $1,063! I have since ordered direct from DJI and it will be arriving Monday (ordered 1/30)! Turned out to be a great deal for me, no deductible. That said, I'm still covered by Asurion. I don't trust them after my experience, so I purchased DJI Refresh as well this time [emoji1360]
Won't let me post vid from camera roll. Only pics, strange.

Sorry about your loss brother. Is it in poor taste to want you to post the video of her final moments? Yeah, it probably is I suppose.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143