DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport Mode 25mph+ winds

kmaluo

Reactions
Tried heading upwind at 75 ft and the Mavic was moving backwards with full forward stick. I brought her back quick via Sport Mode and started fooling around. She's a very capable drone!

Last edited:
Now thats what Im talkin about! Sport Mode with this size quadcopter looks like such a blast!

Lots of wind and it looks like it cuts through it pretty well.

With this kind of nimble and fast flight I can see that I am going to have a hard time stopping at 50 % battery for the first 10 flights of each battery!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Great flying!

Reactions: botasky
Just remember the braking distance is much further than the P4! If you pitch a 180 it goes twice as far as the P4 before starting to head the other way. Yes even with the braking gain at 100%

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Very cool... Looks almost like you're flying in manual mode, especially the landing. I thought the Mavic would always hover at 1 - 2 feet before asking for confirmation to land, but it seems in sports mode, you can land it manually...

Guess I'm going to be in Sports mode most of the time then... It will be more similar to flying an RC Heli than in P mode...

-- edit--
On 2nd viewing of the video, it looks like the Mavic still does hover for a split second before landing, so I guess it will still land itself rather than a manual landing..

Tried heading upwind at 75 ft and the Mavic was moving backwards with full forward stick. I brought her back quick via Sport Mode and started fooling around. She's a very capable drone!

I assume you had greater than 35- 40mph winds up at 75feet otherwise in theory you should have made (albeit slow) headway against them.

I assume you had greater than 35- 40mph winds up at 75feet otherwise in theory you should have made (albeit slow) headway against them.
I was flying in GPS mode, so it only goes 20mph. I could make a little headway in Sport mode, but I was getting a "gimbal shake error".

Obviously NOT your first flight!

The member who put up the goggle test hit 56 MPH on the way back, that's kicking it.
Yup, so was probably up to a 16 mph tail wind using Sport Mode. You could probably fly in a 35mph headwind and make a little progress, but your gimbal would take a thrashing, your flight would be very unstable, and your battery life would plummet.

Nice flying!

My family and I were on the island this past summer and I flew my P3P in similar windy condition....but it didn't look as fast and nimble as yours. Thumbswayup

Reactions: kmaluo
Loved the rocket take off... :) And it looks very nimble, something I have been wanting badly. The P3 was alright but I would not call it nimble.

With this kind of nimble and fast flight I can see that I am going to have a hard time stopping at 50 % battery for the first 10 flights of each battery!
Then don't.. I have never done that with any of my batteries for any of my birds. I have close to 80 flights on each of the 6 batteries and my battery life is at 94%. Keep flying monitor the voltage condition as described in the manual.

Just tried mine in sport mode during a blustery afternoon, wow, it's snappy... I suggest it could easily become prang mode..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405