DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode top speed

Anthonyk

Reactions
So I have been playing around with sport mode lately. I have noticed that a lot of people are getting 40 plus mph. But as of yet 38.9 is top for my bird. Not that it's really a big deal about the speed as I use it mostly to film. But I'm wondering if dji has slowed them down some with the updates. Anyone else notice this?

So I have been playing around with sport mode lately. I have noticed that a lot of people are getting 40 plus mph. But as of yet 38.9 is top for my bird. Not that it's really a big deal about the speed as I use it mostly to film. But I'm wondering if dji has slowed them down some with the updates. Anyone else notice this?
I wouldn't worry about it, but I know I sure wanted to hit that golden 40 when I first got mine. I did extensive testing after first getting my mavic because I couldn't quite hit 40 either. Really depends on the winds, and a few other factors. Even if it hits 40, it's only for a few seconds at a time, even when holding down the sticks longer. Check out BudWalkers CSvViewer and chart the speed. This is a fantastic tool to learn how to use and play with. I've hit as high as 44, but some days my max speed is about the same as yours. The Mavic is also throttled back in tailwinds to limit the speed to somewhere around 40.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170408-212243.png
    Screenshot_20170408-212243.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 20170403_203559.jpg
    20170403_203559.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 114
Reactions: jointeffort
I've hit 70kph which is about 43mph with a slight tailwind. Can definitely get a few more kph in a stronger breeze.

Airdata tells me the fastest I ever did was 48.83 mph in Sport mode. I'm thinking that was a day with a decent tailwind. It was on January 31st, with whatever the most recent firmware at the time was. I haven't gotten above 42 mph since then, though.

Reactions: louiselliott
My controller told me I was going 58mph one day, but There was some tailwind helping me out there.

you can get it to go even faster going sideways in wind I've hit 47mph doing that. The wind hitting extra surface area on the side of the mavic vs the rear got me an extra 4mph. (I ran it both ways). Wind was about 15 mph that day

Well I just been out this afternoon. Wind was quite no very strong hit top speed of 41 mph. At that speed before I knew it the bird was at the other side off the field. But god what fun it was zipping around at that speed. Drifting it around corners.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore