DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport Mode!!!

Boog0822

Reactions
Good Lord I just had my first flight in Sport Mode! What a difference from GPS! That thing is SO quick and responsive. It's like my MP got on steroids! Love it! Do most of you fly in Sport? Unless your shooting video the requires stability of course.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: wayneiak
Every now and then yes. I do shots in sport mode near the ground, about 20 ft to get the sense of speed in the shots.

Reactions: dewster
Not only is it great fun.. but, it's a bloody life saver.

I put my drone over the River Mersey a couple of weeks ago and suddenly the wind picked up. Where I was stood was still, but out over the water it was really strong. The MP started drifiting and no matter how hard I tried, i could not get it back to me and it was dissapearing at about a meter per second. Scary! I considered just trying to fly it somewhere dry down wind and take my chances of recovering it rather than leave it to fate but I had a lightbulb moment and hit the sport switch. Once I did, it sailed back with ease.

I say it's a life saver because had I gone home without it, HID would have literally put me in with the MP.

Yes, Sport Mode is advantageous when fighting wind to get back. It will not only increase the speed , but allow the Mavic Pro to angle more aggressively downwards to help the wind go aerodynamically over the top of the craft and give it a more streamlined flight.

I am now almost exclusively switching to sport mode after take off and jetting out to my location to film or take pictures and then using it to jet back.

I love to slow down off shore and allow people to get a visual fix on the Mavic Pro and then drop it into sport and speed through the sky. Watching thier necks whip around is a treat!

it may sound silly, as i am a newcomer, but i would like to ask, when in sports mode you fly your MP manually back home right? That means you have a visual and you can handle manual flight pretty well right?

it may sound silly, as i am a newcomer, but i would like to ask, when in sports mode you fly your MP manually back home right? That means you have a visual and you can handle manual flight pretty well right?

Exactly. It turns off the Vision Position sensors when switched into Sport Mode . Its not the first mode you use when getting used to the flight controls. :p

You still have GPS satellite lock if you are fortunate so its not like flying full ATTI mode.

You can also just fly back to your general area and then click back into standard P-Mode and then initiate Return to Home . I like full control and try not to rely on the Return to Home function as I always want to be able to manually fly the bird back.

Reactions: pentraks
Exactly. It turns off the Vision Position sensors when switched into Sport Mode . Its not the first mode you use when getting used to the flight controls. :p

You still have GPS satellite lock if you are fortunate so its not like flying full ATTI mode.

Thanks for the reply.
So i can get it quickly in emergency out of a dangerous zone/situation and then set it back to normal mode and auto home.

You can also just fly back to your general area and then click back into standard P-Mode and then initiate Return to Home . I like full control and try not to rely on the Return to Home function as I always want to be able to manually fly the bird back.

I seem to waste so much battery just flying around doing not very much. When people first see it in P-mode they comment on how quick it is,then I flick the sport mode and really blow them away. low fly-by's are just class.

Reactions: halley
Thanks for the reply.
So i can get it quickly in emergency out of a dangerous zone/situation and then set it back to normal mode and auto home.
Yes, It will fight the wind much better in Sport Mode and if there is low hanging sun that you fly the Mavic into there have been occasions noted where the front Obstacle Avoidance sensors will false trigger and "think" the sun is an obstacle and stop the Mavic Pro in its tracks. Flipping into Sport Mode turns off those sensors and allows one to manually fly it back . Then just flip into normal P-Mode and all is good.

If you get the chance you should listen to an Inspire 2 in sport mode on a low level full stick flypast , it
is awesome , sounds like a military heli on an attack maneuver lol

Reactions: Fly4grub
If you really want to impress observers, hit the pause button on the RC just as it hits max speed in front/over you. It pitches nearly vertical and stops on a dime. MUCH quicker than any stick input you can provide.

Is this faster than merely letting go of the sticks? If so, I can't wait to try it. I love the sound of full braking from top speed.

What are the commands? Do you just push the slider to 'sport' and off you go or do you have to toggle something on the screen?

What are the commands? Do you just push the slider to 'sport' and off you go or do you have to toggle something on the screen?
There is a hardware switch on the right side of the remote control. Press it up and you are in Sport Mode. Press it back down and back to P-Mode (if GPS lock / satellites are accessible.) No other settings. its quick and easy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser