DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

St Lucia

darren6270

Reactions
Anyone know of the rules and regs for drones in St Lucia?
Can't find anything online and no response from their embassy.
Want to make sure i can safely fly into the county with my Mavic and use whilst on vacation.
Anyone had any experience of flying on the island?

Such a beautiful island. Sounds like I would keep in VLOS and away from the airports. The major airport is located on the south end of the island. There are smaller active airports within the island so be vigil about them. I would keep it low and within visual site and you should be fine. Have fun!

Please share some footage if you can, I miss that place.

Thanks guys for the info. I always fly safely and generally panic if I cannot see it.
I was hoping to find some local legislation I could pull out at the airport in case I get stopped, but it looks as if it is just general info rather than strict laws. Thanks once again.

If you see the helicopter pilot that got me sick because he wouldn't keep his hand on the cyclic and instead just held it between his knees causing the helicopter to pitch all over the place, please buzz him. We had such a beautiful ride from the airport with a great pilot and the way back after our trip I decided to again rent a helicopter because of all the horror stories of people getting sick on the bus ride and this guy had me in a cold sweat puking my guts out when we finally landed.....and I paid for the scenic ride on the way back! They only thing I saw was my breakfast again! Beautiful island though you will get some fantastic shots, hope all goes well my friend.

Reactions: darren6270
If you see the helicopter pilot that got me sick because he wouldn't keep his hand on the cyclic and instead just held it between his knees causing the helicopter to pitch all over the place, please buzz him. We had such a beautiful ride from the airport with a great pilot and the way back after our trip I decided to again rent a helicopter because of all the horror stories of people getting sick on the bus ride and this guy had me in a cold sweat puking my guts out when we finally landed.....and I paid for the scenic ride on the way back! They only thing I saw was my breakfast again! Beautiful island though you will get some fantastic shots, hope all goes well my friend.
I will keep an eye out for him ha ha. Take care buddy

Anyone know of the rules and regs for drones in St Lucia?
Can't find anything online and no response from their embassy.
Want to make sure i can safely fly into the county with my Mavic and use whilst on vacation.
Anyone had any experience of flying on the island?

I too am heading there in Oct. Keep me posted on how it goes along with getting thru customs. Staying at Sandals Grande which is just outside the airport zone.

Reactions: Caliber87
Yeah I'm going to st Lucia October 3 to the 10th. I'm interested too please keep us posted

Yeah I'm going to st Lucia October 3 to the 10th. I'm interested too please keep us posted

Well how was it? Did the island survive the hurricanes thus far? How was the drone flying?

yeah the island survived, it's their rainy season now. It's a beautiful place to visit. It rains there on and off everyday. I stayed at the royalton which was 1 hour away from the airport. I think it's the furthest resort.

The drone flying was good, they leave you alone. The locals are amazed by it. There is really no cops on the island, and i have been through town several times. Every fridays they have a street party and actually think they are getting ready for Octoberfest.

Great experience. Straight through the airport with no issues. Flew my drone half a dozen times, no problems, security guards at the resort were more interested in seeing how it worked. Great place to fly.
Just be mindful of where you are and not disturbing others vacations and you will be fine

Attachments

• 37359942521_26b25c7952_o.jpg
    37359942521_26b25c7952_o.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 75
Great experience. Straight through the airport with no issues. Flew my drone half a dozen times, no problems, security guards at the resort were more interested in seeing how it worked. Great place to fly.
Just be mindful of where you are and not disturbing others vacations and you will be fine
You stayed at same place lol

We are considering going to the Royalton in February. Any feedback would be appreciated. Our initial impression through pictures was that it was very "city" like with tall buildings. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

We are considering going to the Royalton in February. Any feedback would be appreciated. Our initial impression through pictures was that it was very "city" like with tall buildings. I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Its a great hotel, wonderful people, excellent food. Cannot recommend it enough.

Going there on Sunday. Married to st. Lucian woman, with my first drone Mavic Air I bought week and half ago. So far my best edit is this -

Going on Saturday! Staying at Morgan Bay, was concerned about bringing the drone...always am when I fly, never know when a security guard might just say "we are confiscating that" for his own use.
Looking forward to exploring the island with my Mavic!
Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Reactions: ChoccyBoy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike