DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Started getting no video feed to phone and says "Aircraft Disconnected" often

jcp411

Reactions
[My apologies... I meant to post this in the Help forum. Admins, feel free to move if appropriate.]

I've seen a number of threads with similar issues but in the interest of not wanting to hijack them I'm starting this one.

I'm a new Mavic Pro drone owner as of Wednesday night. First flights that evening were fine (at least in my new world of figuring things out). Next morning I updated firmware because it was asking me to (.700). After this I started having intermittent issues with the app showing an "Aircraft Disconnected" issue and no video link to my phone. I thought it might be my phone so I used apps like Greenify and Clean Master to shut all apps down, freed up 7GB of space on the phone, turned off video cache and tried another USB cable. It's intermittent but seems to be getting worse. Generally if I can fly the first 90 seconds of a flight, it'll go fine the rest of the flight. If I get that error I try unplugging the USB and sometimes it comes back up and sticks and other times it doesn't.

To be clear, I don't appear to ever have lost control of the MP from the RC. RTH works flawless from what I can tell.

I've just downgraded to .600 and still having the issue.
DJI GO 4 v4.0.7 (257-gpPhone)
HTC 8 running Android 6.0

Any thoughts on what I should try next? Try .550?

[Edited for typos and note at top.]

Last edited:
I've had this twice today. Thought it was interference but seems to be no obvious reason for that in the middle of the countryside.

I've tried multiple locations and I live in a fairly rural area myself. It's not that the RC is losing contact with the MP. That seems to be working fine and I can control it with no issues. It's just the app on my phone hangs on the video feed and shows "Aircraft Disconnected"

Unfortunately the Android OS has proven to be very unreliable with the DJI Go App. Search around this forum and you'll find many occurrences/issues similar to yours.

Reactions: Fahr
Can any of you who are having this problem try it with a different Android device and let us know which devices you are using? That would help deduce whether it's an app problem, FW issue, or a device problem.

After downgrading to .600 I had the issue the first time I powered it up and figured it was just still the issue. But a bit later I tried it again and all 3 times of powering down and powering back up and flying it worked. I even tried to fail it by disconnecting the phone from the RC.

As soon as it charges again I'm going to try it again on my phone and my wife's phone but she also has an identical HTC 8 running Android 6. I've got family that have other Android phones but I'm not sure they are very powerful, good phones. I'll try them later this afternoon as well. Also going to try an iPad from a family member later this afternoon.

I'll keep you posted.

I was having the problem with an iPhone 6S. I've got an iPad mini arriving in the next few days so will see how that goes.

I've just performed my first ever flight with my mavic pro, firmware updated to .700 and had the same issue with my Galaxy S8+ a couple of times. Had no issue controlling the aircraft though. (I kept within about 40 metres though as it was my first flight lol.

I copied and pasted this from a thread that helped a few people out.

I am aware that it is for IPhone, but if you have similar settings that you can toggle; it may be worth a try. Please post up if the recommendations helped you out, this seems to be a reoccurring problem that everyone could benefit a solution to. Thanks.

So I have the 6S+ as well, and this is what i do before each flight and haven't had any image transmission errors since doing these steps:

It may not work for everyone, but as soon as the transmission error came up I did a little research and compiled these steps to correct my problem. Hope this helps.

-Take case off IPhone (I find it sits in the Mavic controller better)
-Turn on Mavic Controller
-Turn on DJI App
-Turn on Mavic (let it initialize IMU, then calibrate compass)

Then.....

Go into settings on IPhone:

-Turn Airplane Mode on
-Turn Low Power Mode off
-Make sure there aren't any background apps running before returning to DJI App.
-Take off and enjoy

Last edited:
[My apologies... I meant to post this in the Help forum. Admins, feel free to move if appropriate.]

I've seen a number of threads with similar issues but in the interest of not wanting to hijack them I'm starting this one.

I'm a new Mavic Pro drone owner as of Wednesday night. First flights that evening were fine (at least in my new world of figuring things out). Next morning I updated firmware because it was asking me to (.700). After this I started having intermittent issues with the app showing an "Aircraft Disconnected" issue and no video link to my phone. I thought it might be my phone so I used apps like Greenify and Clean Master to shut all apps down, freed up 7GB of space on the phone, turned off video cache and tried another USB cable. It's intermittent but seems to be getting worse. Generally if I can fly the first 90 seconds of a flight, it'll go fine the rest of the flight. If I get that error I try unplugging the USB and sometimes it comes back up and sticks and other times it doesn't.

To be clear, I don't appear to ever have lost control of the MP from the RC. RTH works flawless from what I can tell.

I've just downgraded to .600 and still having the issue.
DJI GO 4 v4.0.7 (257-gpPhone)
HTC 8 running Android 6.0

Any thoughts on what I should try next? Try .550?

[Edited for typos and note at top.]

I'm having the same issues. I just did a donwgrade to .400 and now all is perfect!
I just dont believe on those fanboys saying that Android has more errors. If you look at iTunes store you will see that DJI Go 4 has a score lower than at Play Store. Android has a lot more user so a lot more people to talk about problems.

Reactions: jcp411
I had this issue numerous times with my iPhone 6S. I had always been using the cable provided by DJI to connect from the side of the controller to my phone. Multiple people suggested the cable from Apple and plug it in the bottom of the controller. It's a little awkward to hold at times, but I haven't had any disconnect or missing video feed issues since.

I'm having the same issues. I just did a donwgrade to .400 and now all is perfect!
I just dont believe on those fanboys saying that Android has more errors. If you look at iTunes store you will see that DJI Go 4 has a score lower than at Play Store. Android has a lot more user so a lot more people to talk about problems.

How did you do the downgrade to .400 as I'm not seeing it now on the firmware list? With the VM that someone posted?

With that said I've done 2 things and as of right now using the phone I was having all the issues with it seems not to be having any issues to speak of. I downgraded the MP to .600 (it was at .700) and I set when I plug in the phone to not just charge but do a data connection as if connected to a computer. I'm not sure which if any of those 2 things fixed this but so far so good. Going to try more flights this afternoon as often as I can charge the battery.

How did you do the downgrade to .400 as I'm not seeing it now on the firmware list? With the VM that someone posted?

With that said I've done 2 things and as of right now using the phone I was having all the issues with it seems not to be having any issues to speak of. I downgraded the MP to .600 (it was at .700) and I set when I plug in the phone to not just charge but do a data connection as if connected to a computer. I'm not sure which if any of those 2 things fixed this but so far so good. Going to try more flights this afternoon as often as I can charge the battery.

You can't downgrade that far anymore. .400 doesn't have Fix Wing Mode but seems to be the most stable.

You should try airplane mode and see if it still happens.

But also, I hate to say this but if your phone is laggy and freezing up, and the connection to the bird is good enough the. It's your phone. Android, specifically HTC and the like don't play well with DJI stuff from what I've seen. Also older iPhone generations have similar issues... iPhone 5, and 6 just don't have the Horsepower to process the video in a reliable fast way.

Android is the same, outside of the Samsung Galaxy S8 I don't believe there is a reliable high horsepower phone on the market that can keep up.

Go buy a iPad Mini, or go Apple.

I have an iPhone 7+ and I have never had any issues. It works great all the time, as I would expect my iPhone to do.

I have made my downgrade just before they deleted it from the list. I just don't believe that these issues are a problem from Android as many iOS user try to convince the others. Otherwise, the app on iTunes Store would have a better score and fewer complains and this is not the case.
Unfortunately the problem is not the phones or OS. Search and you will find a lot of people with iPhone complaining about problems.
Try change the cable, downgrade firmware and downgrade the app.

I'm using a Doogee Y300 (Chinese cheap phone) and after downgrade to .400 everything has worked flawless.

If you buy an iPad maybe you can get rid of the issues the same chance if you buy an inexpensive android tablet or phone.

Reactions: jcp411
So after I downgraded my bird to .600 everything has essentially worked well. I wonder if it was something to do with the DJI Goggle update that is causing issues.

I did try messing with the pop up that comes up when plugging your phone in (Charging, Transfer, etc.) and that didn't really seem to make a difference. So I'm thinking it's the .600 upgrade. I've maybe had the "Aircraft Disconnected" message maybe twice since doing it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS